..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Todays Windows 10 build 10586 major update seems to have fixed exclusive mode. Behaves as it was in Windows 7/8. Workaround no longer needed.
Hi guys, Im trying to use my ds4 with a chatpad as my primary htpc remote, which means making heavy use of the touchpad.

I ran into a problem though where the touchpad doesn't work when certain apps are open (such as the uac prompts that sometimes pop up when launching apps that require admin permissions, or when the evga PrecisionX main window is open, or the windows task manager. I think it might just be when anything running as admin is open.

I thought at first that running ds4windows as admin would fix it, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is there something I'm missing? Why is this happening, and what can I do about it?
(11-12-2015, 08:39 PM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]Todays Windows 10 build 10586 major update seems to have fixed exclusive mode. Behaves as it was in Windows 7/8. Workaround no longer needed.

Yeah just did an inplace upgrade from RTM and it works like it did in Windows 7/8.1 for me. Yay for microsoft fixing things Pac-Man
Will a keyboard for my DS4 controller, such as this, work with DS4Windows? I wouldn't even mind having to manually set each key to the corresponding character, but hopefully I wouldn't have to.

Also, since the Fall Windows Update, when turning off my controller I now get the "Do you want to open the game bar?" prompt continually popping up until I exit DS4Windows.
(11-14-2015, 07:04 AM)JpsCrazy Wrote: [ -> ]Will a keyboard for my DS4 controller, such as this, work with DS4Windows? I wouldn't even mind having to manually set each key to the corresponding character, but hopefully I wouldn't have to.

I have this one http://www.collectiveminds.ca/cm00080.html , and it works fine in windows. I suspect any of them will work.

It has nothing to do with ds4windows though, it just works the same as any other bluetooth keyboard. You pair it separately, as its own device.

The only minor issue I have found is that there are no alt, ctrl, win, or f1-f12 keys.

So i cant alt-tab, or ctrl-alt-del, or win-d, or anything like that with it. Works great for anything else though. Its especially nice having the number keys mapped for weapon switching in certain games.
(11-15-2015, 01:57 AM)tjwoosta Wrote: [ -> ]I have this one http://www.collectiveminds.ca/cm00080.html , and it works fine in windows. I suspect any of them will work.

It has nothing to do with ds4windows though, it just works the same as any other bluetooth keyboard. You pair it separately, as its own device.

The only minor issue I have found is that there are no alt, ctrl, win, or f1-f12 keys.

So i cant alt-tab, or ctrl-alt-del, or win-d, or anything like that with it.  Works great for anything else though. Its especially nice having the number keys mapped for weapon switching in certain games.

Heh, never what I would have expected. I had assumed the keyboard was just an extension of the controller. Thanks!
After windows 10 threshold 2 update I experience a very strange problem. I have to unpair and pair my ds4 from bluetooth everytime i want to play. If I only turn the gamepad on it doesnt connect to ds4windows and the light stops after around 30 secs. I am using a laptop with integrated intel bluetooth. Is there anybody who knows what the problem is and how I can fix it?
(11-15-2015, 03:29 PM)karamanliev Wrote: [ -> ]After windows 10 threshold 2 update I experience a very strange problem. I have to unpair and pair my ds4 from bluetooth everytime i want to play. If I only turn the gamepad on it doesnt connect to ds4windows and the light stops after around 30 secs. I am using a laptop with integrated intel bluetooth. Is there anybody who knows what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Ive been having the same thing happen in windows 8.1 lately, except I can just stop and start ds4windows while the light is still on to make it connect instead of pairing all over again.
Hey, I tried doing it your way, but it does not work. Only repairing the ds4 works. Are the bluetooth drivers faulty or something, any ideas ?
(11-14-2015, 07:04 AM)JpsCrazy Wrote: [ -> ]Also, since the Fall Windows Update, when turning off my controller I now get the "Do you want to open the game bar?" prompt continually popping up until I exit DS4Windows.

I ended up disabling the gamebar seeing as I never used it.