..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really love this driver. I only have one issue, which actually is only an issue with another program. In Xpadder (latest paid version, a program to map your pad to keyboard buttons), the DS4 Direct Input Playstation button works fine. However, when I use the Xinput Wrapper, it doesn't recognize the PS button anymore. Which sucks because it'd be great as a ''set selector''. I tried contacting the creator but he said it is only supported through unofficial 360 driver's or something, which is odd and means my only chance is a workaround. So I'm wondering, would there be a way to make Xpadder think it's the regular DS4 PS button (instead of the 360's guide button), while having the rest of the buttons all be recognized as their Xbox 360 counterparts?
Any help would be appreciated because I'm about ready to throw my controller to the wall.

http://i.imgur.com/dlEyjTv.jpg

The 360 stuff is installed, the Framenet is installed, I tried plugging it into different USB ports. Does it matter that I still have stuff installed from using "Better DS3"? Any other information needed just ask and I'll respond. Please help.
Heyas, thanks so much for creating and maintaining this application. I've tried the various methods for DS4 control and I've found yours to be the favorite thus far.

As a possible feature request, I'm wondering if we can get a toggle option for a profile to use a stick as a mouse controlling device using a bit more robust of an algorithm. With the current approach, my only recourse to using the left stick as a  mouse controller is assigning the 4 quadrants to the 4 mouse positions. This gets me by, but a smoother controller can gained using the algorithm below (defined in Autohotkey but can be transplanted rather easily, I've got another version I used in an Xbox 360 driver I've developed awhile ago that uses SendKeys I think). In short, it determines a joystick delta, and then normalizes it with anticipated mouse delta; and finally multiplying the result to get specific speed.

Code:
WatchJoystick:
MouseNeedsToBeMoved := false  ; Set default.
SetFormat, float, 03
GetKeyState, joyx, %JoystickNumber%JoyX ;Left/Right Position of Left Joystick
GetKeyState, joyy, %JoystickNumber%JoyY ;Up/Down Position of Left Joystick
GetKeyState, joyz, %JoystickNumber%JoyZ ;Indication of L2 (value > 50) and R2 (value < 50) Used to enhance the movement multiplier
if joyz > 75
{
    JoyMultiplier := 1.00
}
else
{
    JoyMultiplier := 0.30
}

if joyx > %JoyThresholdUpper%
{
   MouseNeedsToBeMoved := true
   DeltaX := joyx - JoyThresholdUpper
}
else if joyx < %JoyThresholdLower%
{
   DeltaX := joyx - JoyThresholdLower
}
else
   DeltaX = 0
if joyy > %JoyThresholdUpper%
{
   DeltaY := joyy - JoyThresholdUpper
}
else if joyy < %JoyThresholdLower%
{
   DeltaY := joyy - JoyThresholdLower
}
else
   DeltaY = 0
if MouseNeedsToBeMoved
{
   SetMouseDelay, -1  ; Makes movement smoother.
   MouseMove, DeltaX * JoyMultiplier, DeltaY * JoyMultiplier * YAxisMultiplier, 0, R
}
return

I've tried to implement this myself, however I've not found the time to really dig through the existing code-base and determine where it should go; and of course I'd hate to be on my own branch for such a small feature. If we could get this, it'll allow for some additional flexibility for users on how to control the mouse movement. Touchpad works great for ultra-fine movement but the joystick is quicker for general system navigation. 

If not able to implement, could you point me in the right direction in the codebase where I might implement this myself? :)
Hey, so I'm running windows 10 and I tried using the new ds4windows to no avail. I then tried using the old scpserver ds4 plugin and changed the windows controller driver to take the input from scpserver instead of windows. It worked for a while, but I cant change the light on the controller to stop flashing, so I want to go to ds4windows. When i open ds4windows, i press "Connect DS4 controller exclusively", after which I plug my controller in. The light comes on orange which tells me that it is recieving power, but ds4windows does not pick up the controller and nothing happens. Then i press a key and the program continues doing nothing. What are some possible issues? I uninstalled scpdriver, scpserver was not running nor any othe program, windows explorer had closed on pressing of button, so idk what could be causing this issue. Thanks! I will attach the scpserver log as well.
(12-23-2015, 06:49 AM)mathemagician Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, so I'm running windows 10 and I tried using the new ds4windows to no avail. I then tried using the old scpserver ds4 plugin and changed the windows controller driver to take the input from scpserver instead of windows. It worked for a while, but I cant change the light on the controller to stop flashing, so I want to go to ds4windows. When i open ds4windows, i press "Connect DS4 controller exclusively", after which I plug my controller in. The light comes on orange which tells me that it is recieving power, but ds4windows does not pick up the controller and nothing happens. Then i press a key and the program continues doing nothing. What are some possible issues? I uninstalled scpdriver, scpserver was not running nor any othe program, windows explorer had closed on pressing of button, so idk what could be causing this issue. Thanks! I will attach the scpserver log as well.

also, the driver was edited in "zadig"
First of all, thanks for this wonderful program must have taken a long time to make it to the way it is now.
I've read through the last few pages of this thread and there seems to be a lot of people having the same problem as me.

After using my Dualshock 4 for a while (say, 4 hours) to play a game with DS4 over Bluetooth with my integrated Bluetooth adapter the controller just stops responding.
I think it's just the Xbox 360 emulation that doesn't work anymore because I can still use the touchpad to control my mouse at that moment. 
I saw something about resetting your Xinput ports to a higher number but it has not worked for me.

The only way to fix this problem is to reboot my PC... There must be an easier fix.

Would love to donate to this project too, if this gets fixed.
Hello. Is there any way to reset the DS4Windows application? Reset everything, profiles, settings, etc.
I have messed up my right stick and now everytime i use RS Right the light on the controller goes yellow, which is distracting and annoying; Also, because of that, i can't change the lightbar color, it just doesn't update the colors.
Hello,
having a problem to make DS4Windows to work with BF4 (only game I have installed so far).
I have all installed, the controller respond in test mode.....
just dont work on bf4..
only the dammn touch pad works as a mouse in game....
its been 3 days since I started to try to put it to work and had to give up.
I have tried in hiding mode, un hiding mode.....
Need help here.
I ll post some pictures
Running Win7 64 clean install, 
followed the installation of the program

[Image: iwmz3n.jpg]

[Image: 2d0j7h1.jpg]

[Image: fdxg7c.png]
Downloaded the software, and it works perfectly. I'm just wondering if it's possible to get the same button layout as the X360 Controllers. 

My problem is that i'm playing FF XIII-2 on PC with the X360 controller, but I have a small issue where the character would start walking after running for 4-5 steps.
Using DS4Windows fixed the issue except there are some difference in the layout, like with the X360 to Confirm an action I had to press A (down) with my DS4 I have to press Square (left). 

This is no big deal except when I have Live Action to perform (for those who never played FF XIII-2, Live Action is when I have to press a specific button during a cinematic), or when I have to make a choice when talking to NPC (when pressing Left (Square) it's like If have pressed down (A) for the game).
I simply cant get it to work......
A long the way I had to mess something up.

All the buttons work when tested, but when in BF4 only the touchpad emulaltes the mouse
Sad