..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a problem instaling DS4Windows, after clicking Install DS4 driver button changes to Opening Instalator and hangs on that for a minute or so, then empty folder Virtual Bus Driver pops up and button changes to Install Failed, Please Retry. I have already instaled Microsoft .NET 4.5 and restarted my computer a couple of times. Im using windows 7. Any advice?
(03-05-2016, 12:04 AM)Super Soup Wrote: [ -> ]I got my DS4 to connect through Bluetooth only once, now it doesn't work anymore.

Each time I try to add the controller, Windows says "Installing driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device." After it's done with that, the controller disconnects itself. Then I try to connect it again, and the same thing happens. It's supposed to be using the driver installed by DS4Windows, right? I've tried installing this driver several times, with and without restarting my computer afterward. Anybody know why my DS4 refuses to use the driver provided by DS4Windows?

I have very similar problem. Win7, I add DS4 via bluetooth. Win7 then recognizes it as wireless controller and installs driver for "bluetooth HID device". However, then it disappears after like 20 seconds. Doing it with DS4Windows running also won't help. DS4Windows shows device only for 2-3 seconds and even then no ID, battery or any other info in the Controllers tab. Seems that problem is somewhere between Win7/DS4 when using bluetooth.

Also I've noticed that after adding this wireless controller device Win7 wil sometimes make a XBOX360 device appear in the list, but only for 2 seconds.

UPD: found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7DUV4T8744

Describes the same problem I have, however the proposed solution won't work. Tried connecting via USB and deleting device, then connecting via BT - still the problem remains.

UPD1: I've found out that my DS4 won't connect to anything, so other BT devices can see it, but it won't pair with any of those (like my android phone, which should work and my 2nd PC both on MacOS and Win7). Probably the problem is that I don't own a PS4, and a lot of advice on the internet involves connecting DS4 to PS4 via cable if it doesn't want to pair to anything. I guess I'm screwed until I get my hands on a PS4 then.
so 3 days ago and earlier, i never used a control for games. just mouse/keyboard. now i use this for EVERYTHING.

want to see if i can port it to mac at some point. ~
(01-23-2016, 02:41 PM)apoklyps3 Wrote: [ -> ]i keep expericing controller disconnecting on windows 8.1 x64. after that it won't connect again untill I close and restart the ds4windows app. not even thru cable.
it has brought all the way to desperation...it's making me loose alot of online matches as alt-tabing the game prompts imediate disconnection and loosing the match.

can't believe this still hasn't been fixed.
ds4windows was once the elite of it's kind. now ,unfortunately, it's just a buggy abandonned software.
1st I love this app! 2nd, I'm sure someone may have asked this before but....... anyone know how to configure the profiles to a button push? I only need 2 profiles, I want to set the default to the left side of the touch pad pressed and my second to the right side pressed. Thank you in advance for any help.
So I haven't seen any news about this in a long while, is it still in active development?
(04-15-2016, 07:58 PM)Smashbro29 Wrote: [ -> ]So I haven't seen any news about this in a long while, is it still in active development?

someone in this thread used the word 'abandoned' and i haven't seen the dev reply for a while either. who here would pay $10 to crowdfund the fixing of DS4W? i certainly would, hell i'd pay $15. i don't know how a dev can release software like this for free in the first place, given how much time it must take, but i am grateful. let's all pool together and make it worth the dev's time. let's see a show of hands, anyone who watches this thread.  the problems for me are:

* ds4windows sometimes crashes mid-gameplay such that it has to be force closed in taskmanager and reopened for it to work again. this happens sometimes not often other times quite often

* the above (having to force close a frozen DS4W and restart it) happens *every time* i disconnect a controller, whether by removing usb or controller idle timeout or manual bluetooth disconnect from the controller PS button

* sometimes when i am playing GTA 5 (online), i am unable to simply hold a gun, without L2 being locked in depressed state (pressed), or when i am driving, sometimes the accelerator (R2)  presses itself so that my car drives full speed without me touching the controller so that i cannot control it or stop the car in anyway

* high latency (red lightbar flashing) issues very, very often or momentary random delays here and there

* touchpad is active but all other controls are not, sometimes only for a few seconds (3-60) or just totally

* if i assign a profile to a controller, it gets mixed up and confused with other controllers. i want a unique colour for different controllers

the best thing about it, is that it works with virtually 0 problems when connected by USB

a feature which i would like to see in it: click touchpad to instantly disconnect bluetooth connection. instead of having to hold PS button for 10 seconds.
(04-16-2016, 03:33 PM)billdoor Wrote: [ -> ]someone in this thread used the word 'abandoned' in reference to DS4W and i haven't seen the dev reply for a while either. who here would pay $10 to crowdfund the fixing of DS4W? i certainly would, hell i'd pay $15. i don't know how a dev can release software like this for free in the first place, given how much time it must take, but i am grateful. let's all pool together and make it worth the dev's time. let's see a show of hands, anyone who watches this thread.  the problems for me are:

* ds4windows sometimes crashes mid-gameplay such that it has to be force closed in taskmanager and reopened for it to work again. this happens sometimes not often other times quite often

* the above (having to force close a frozen DS4W and restart it) happens *every time* i disconnect a controller, whether by removing usb or controller idle timeout or manual bluetooth disconnect from the controller PS button

* sometimes when i am playing GTA 5 (online), i am unable to simply hold a gun, without L2 being locked in depressed state (pressed), or when i am driving, sometimes the accelerator (R2)  presses itself so that my car drives full speed without me touching the controller so that i cannot control it or stop the car in anyway

* high latency (red lightbar flashing) issues very, very often or momentary random delays here and there

* touchpad is active but all other controls are not, sometimes only for a few seconds (3-60) or just totally

* if i assign a profile to a controller, it gets mixed up and confused with other controllers. i want a unique colour for different controllers

the best thing about it, is that it works with virtually 0 problems when connected by USB

features i would like to see added to it: click touchpad to instantly disconnect bluetooth connection. instead of having to hold PS button for 10 seconds. i've literally never once accidentally clicked it.

2nd feature request: some way of using the mic in the ds4 (unless there already is? do i just need a ds4 headset anyone know?)

EDIT: i just found out that the cause of my laggy controller bluetooth connection is not in fact the DS4Windows software, it's my macbook pro, which i am using it with (i run windows 10 in a boot camp partition). i realised when i was trying to use a bluetooth headset in the same boot camp windows 10 that its audio was very very stuttery/laggy also, so it means all my bluetooth connections are having the same lag/latency. strange thing is, Bluetooth works fine in OSX on same machine
Making a taskscheduler profile for the program to autostart as admin will relieve half of those issues. But more issues still remain like:

-Sometimes opening a profile from the controller area will cause the rumble to happen for no reason for a while

-Quick charge is still not fixed

-Low battery level light pulsation still isnt slow and steady like when charging ds4 up without the program at all.

-Should exchange shortcut autostart with creating a taskscheduler admin autostart instead to prevent alot of issues. (this needs to be done even if you're already on an admin account and probably wont work on a standard account. So the shortcut autostart should only happen on a standard account and the taskscheduler autostart on an admin). If else statement can assist in this.

-using multiple controllers can sometimes show all controllers connecting to just one slot (dinput will display in joy.cpl but xinput would all merge into one controller in joy.cpl causing all but one controller to work). One has to go into the device manager to reinstall the drivers for each device multiple times to fix this issue.

I can fix a couple of these with autohotkey but the problem is that there is no cmdline tab that shows all commandline options like I asked for in the past in order to achieve some of these gracefully.

I don't use jhebbel's because his is just too far behind and he keeps most of the annoying issues in. Also, having an installer makes no difference in how the program works so I have no idea why you have to do so. It also has the current issues of this program or either none of the convenient features from this one. So even if this one still has a few unresolved issues left, this is still the best one as far as convenience goes.
(04-16-2016, 04:34 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Making a taskscheduler profile for the program to autostart as admin will relieve half of those issues. But more issues still remain like:

-Sometimes opening a profile from the controller area will cause the rumble to happen for no reason for a while

-Quick charge is still not fixed

-Low battery level light pulsation still isnt slow and steady like when charging ds4 up without the program at all.

-Should exchange shortcut autostart with creating a taskscheduler admin autostart instead to prevent alot of issues. (this needs to be done even if you're already on an admin account and probably wont work on a standard account. So the shortcut autostart should only happen on a standard  account and the taskscheduler autostart on an admin). If else statement can assist in this.

-using multiple controllers can sometimes show all controllers connecting to just one slot (dinput will display in joy.cpl but xinput would all merge into one controller  in joy.cpl causing all but one controller to work). One has to go into the device manager to reinstall the drivers for each device multiple times to fix this issue.

I can fix a couple of these with autohotkey but the problem is that there is no cmdline tab that shows all commandline options like I asked for in the past in order to achieve some of these gracefully.

I don't use jhebbel's because his is just too far behind and he keeps most of the annoying issues in. Also, having an installer makes no difference in how the program works so I have no idea why you have to do so. It also has the current issues of this program or either none of the convenient features from this one. So even if this one still has a few unresolved issues left, this is still the best one as far as convenience goes.

starting ds4windows as admin did not fix any of the issues, i had them all again. which ones did you think it should have solved?

btw In case it matters,I am running it in a Boot Camp partition of Windows 10 On a recent retina MacBook Pro