..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just want to say thanks for this amazing tool. I'm using this to play Rocket League and the ability to set deadzones, sensitivity and curves to the sticks is powerful and should've been implemented in the vanilla drivers.

I'm running into one major issue though with it hanging/freezing for 10-15 seconds. I looked through previous posts and heard that Steam/Uplay would have issues with the "Hide DS4" option being checked off... I can confirm however that this now happens to OBS (Open Broadcast Software Classic/Studio). I'd like to use it to stream to Twitch but with the Hide DS4 option checked the act of opening OBS makes my computer freeze, then opening the game freezes it too, then accessing any menu in my games makes it freeze again. It's super annoying.
I've tried playing with Hide DS4 and "DInput Only" checked but DS4Windows doesn't take into account the deadzone/sensitivity/curve changes I've made to the controller. What gives? Sad

If anyone can add to this please do.
(04-27-2016, 07:07 PM)cooth_liverpool Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question about the program. Does the chat keyboard for the Dualshock 4 work with this program before I buy it? would make life alot easier for me if it did!  Biggrin

did you buy it anyway? if you didn't, i did and found that it's a regular non-PS4-controller BT keyboard with its own separate BT connection to PC and should function as a standard BT keyboard does without any need for drivers of any kind. that didn't stop it from a) almost working for a few seconds (i typed a word with it though it typed about 15 letters of each letter i pressed) and b) since then not working at all and showing as 'Driver Error' in windows 10 Settings > Bluetooth > Wireless Keyboard.

So I will probably return it and use my iphone as a remote keyboard, which I should have thought of in the first place
Might be a silly question, but any plans to allow this program to wrap existing Xinput controllers?

There's an old Xinput wrapper out there but this one has a ton more features. I have 360 controllers and an Xbox One controller at the moment, and need to map individual deadzones for each of them for use with Rocket League (splitscreen). Unfortunately since I have actual Xinput controllers, my customization options are zero.
Hello, one russian user from Habrahabr found a method how play sound on Dualshock 4 from bluetooth pc. Here this post: https://habrahabr.ru/post/302356/ (post in russian). Can you comment this?
I really hope someone can help me with this as I was very very excited for this program but this issue just kills it for me.
I'm trying to use the DS4 to do gyroscope controls, but when I tick the "Use as mouse" button under gyro, it constantly makes my mouse move downwards and to the right, as if I was continuously turning the controller slightly down and to the right. It does this even when I'm sitting it on a flat surface. I tested it out with 2 controllers so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the controllers themselves. I've tried messing with every setting I could find, such as altering the sensitivity and messing with the deadzone, but nothing seems to have solved the problem.

If anyone has any advice, please tell me, I'd really like to make this work.
Is there an easy way to sync this to my PC's bluetooth adapter without accidentally turning on my PS4 or PS TV? In the former cases, plugging the usb into the console of choice and hitting the PS button is enough to sync without accidentally connecting to the other console, but to sync to my PC bluetooth I pretty much have to unplug both consoles.

First world problems, I know.
I can't seem to get the sixaxis deadzone to work. No matter what I set sixaxis X or sixaxis Y to (1.00 through 0.00), the deadzone is the same which seems pretty large. The GUI shows the deadzone shrinking but what the games actually get seems to show that the deadzone does not do anything. I am trying to use this with Descent 2 (D2X Retro). In DS4Windows I set Tilt Up to Up Botton and Tilt Down to Down Button. I set Up Button and Down Button for slide up/down in descent 2 but it takes way too much movement to be useful.

Has anyone else seen an issue with the deadzone setting for sixaxis?
anyone know what else can prevent the ds4 exclusive mode other than just steam and uplay? It happens to me a lot if I try to connect my controller after my computer has been on for a while and it's annoying to have to reset it just to get my controller to work in dark souls
Hello Jays2Kings, if you are reading this, could you please add a higher sensitivity adjustment? at the moment, 1.5x is usably high enough, but i know it's not as high as it should be for my R2 button, i know because acceleration when driving in gta online using this button isn't quite as high as it should be

edit: i forgot to add, every time i open up my game, gta online, i have to alt tab to DS4Windows and back into the game to fix two issues where a) my character instead of holding a weapon normally, permanently aims it (L2 button locked), and b) the sensitivity of my R2 button is stuck on 1x when i have it set to 1.5x. if it's a DS4windows side problem, it would be great to have it fixed.

Has anyone else had these issues?
Hope someone can help have used DS4 on my PC for a while and have let it alone a month or so. I opended it and for some reason it can't detected my controller, yes it's the one i used back then, yes all is updated and yes have tried reinstalling. Tested to see if it just was my PC it was wrong with but it also does the same on my laptop and i have never had DS4 on that so i know everything is up to date. Used cable for both as my PC dosn't have Bluetooth but seems like my laptop can see it and connect and it pops up in the menu but under my bluetooth setting it says driver error even if i'm using 8.1 windows but i'm sure the cable works as it glows then pluged in, have alot of games i wanna use a controller to so if any can help it'll be great

Edit: seems like finally the bluetooth wanna work on my laptop so it works on that but still dosn't work on my PC