..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [deleted]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[deleted]
(10-19-2014, 10:18 PM)Alexander Wrote: [ -> ]If you want I can provide crash reports.

As always this would be needed. If the emulator crashes post the emulog. If you get graphical glitches make screenshots.

(10-19-2014, 10:18 PM)Alexander Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I think someone in the dev team should just try it out. It just crashes pretty randomly while playing.

This is actually the worst that can happen. If you can not easily reproduce that error it is very hard to debug it.

(10-19-2014, 10:18 PM)Alexander Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, none of it happens in Software Mode.
Regarding the glitches or the crashes? It would not be expected that the crashes disappear using software mode.
[deleted]
(10-20-2014, 12:13 AM)Alexander Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't seem to be very specific. The game just crashes a lot in hardware mode. I can VERY easily make it crash - just play it in hardware mode in general and wait for it to flop. But no specific action is guaranteed to reproduce it.

Both the glitches and the crashes don't exist in software mode.

then, i dont see any problem. why dont you use software mode since, yourself have mentioned that it works pretty well. and try the latest builds from orphis build bot. and, could you post the crash reports as well....
This is a 2D game, so glitches in hardware mode aren't a huge issue, right? At least for enhancements, it doesn't matter that much.

I still think a proper bug report should be made for this if there isn't one, it's definitely pretty nasty and unexpected the first time the game decides to just up and die. The minor bugs are annoying but don't seem to get in the way much.

I'm just wondering how the hardware renderer can cause crashes; I've been trying to see if it can crash with software mode, and have been yet to reproduce.
well, if you want to make a bug report why don't you make it yourself. and,can you post what version of pcsx2 you are using and your hardware and the crash reports.....
[deleted]
Can you still please start by posting the emulog?

I never saw that a game works stable in software mode but crashes in hardware mode without a good explanation. I would guess you have some driver or memory problem.

Btw. that speedhacks can create crashes is completely reasonable. Otherwise they would not be called hacks and turned on by default. (especially mtvu is a buggy hack)
man, i had been asking the emulog for a way no.of times and you still have
not posted it. if you want further support it's a must, or else we couldnt analyse your problem further and dont use mtvu if you have a need for it for performance. causes more bugs for me......
It's NOT a must at first and Alexander did you checked if the game is actually playable in the gamelist on the wiki? It's not really updated yet, but there might be a possibility that the game is just buggy overall.
Pages: 1 2