..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: God of war 1 hangs right before first movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Asking for help, because seems like I'm the one who's got this issue.
I've got MacBook Pro Early 2011 (http://support.apple.com/kb/sp620).
Recently I downloaded GOW iso and tried to run it:
- natively - no success at all
- via wineskin + latest pcsx2 - sw mode with 20 fps, hw with millions of artifacts - too bad to play, really
- via wineskin and 0.9.x - sw mode 30 fps - beter that nothing
But having a Windows 7 Home Premium licence, today I installed this OS om my mac with help of Bootcamp. I thought that my journey was over now - how was I mistaken!!)
I can run a game in DX11 HW mode with 50-100 fps. BUT! I press "start", choose difficulty, Kratos says "The Gods of Olympia has abandoned me" - and his next action must be jumping from the cliffs. I actually know it 'cause under Mac OS X the movie is played correctly with no problem. But not under my Windows system.
BTW, game not just "freezes", but Kratos keeps standing at the edge of a mountain, birds fly here and there, various sounds can be heard - but no movie will be played Sad
Actually, I tried, guess, every combination of hacks/emulation settings/plugins config - no result. Sadly.
More here, when I try to play first movie from the menu (where demons emerge from the hatch) - it hangs in about 2-3 seconds.
I tried even such thing: booted Mac OS X, went through menu and the movie, saved the game, transfered the save into Windows, booted the latter and loaded this save - this did the trick! But after killing my first sea snake, a 'loading' writing appeared forever.
That's my problem, I hope that solution is near and I'll be available to play the game in few days.
Thanks in advance!

PS. I Tried various versions of pcsx2 - from 0.9.8(r4600) to 1.2.1(r5875). The result for 1.x is pretty the same. 0.9.8 hangs even earlier.
(10-25-2014, 01:41 AM)apollov Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I downloaded GOW iso and tried to run it:

No support for piracy. Read the rules again and come back when you have a legitimately acquired game.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.