..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I need help setting up v1.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I am in need of assistance. I looked over the guide for configuration and compatibility but I could not seem to figure out what would work best with my current specs.

I am using version 1.2.1 and specs are as follows:
CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8 core
RAM: DDR3-1600
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270
HDD: Seagate 1TB

Graphics
Firstly the graphics are kind of screwy with most of my games. Klonoa 2 works ok besides the water being either water looking multi-colored or static multi-colored, Ratchet and Clank is all out of wack and slow, Crash Twinsanity won't let me pass the main menu, and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 works fine besides the occasional missing face, limb, ect. and some color glitches.

I used the default setting and they worked ok for DBZ ( I literally changed nothing and chose the first plugin on the list) but tweaking it later made the color glitches go away.

Currently using GSdx 0 (MSVC 18.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdx32-sse4-r5876] with the DX3D11 selected and 3X native resolution ( which made Klonoa look nice besides the water).

I use .iso files

Sound
This I never really touched besides changing around which plugin I used (didn't mess with setting much). Klonoa music and cutscenes work flawlessly, the in game sounds (ear flapping, double jump, and his "yahoo"s) don't play or make a grinding noise. Ratchet and Clank is ok, DBZ is ok, and Twinsanity, again, never passed the main menu (please help that).

I use the SPU2-X r5830 2.0.0 [spu2-x-r5875]

Analysis

Cutscenes work great, gameplay not so much, beside DBZ. I have no idea how to fix the problems or how to configure the plugins ideally for my PC. Any assistance would be great, thanks.
Klonoa 2 : last i checked the graphics were fine except for the murderous high pitched noise it made constantly. Also it used to hang randomly. Managed to play up until the circus levels and all water looked fine to me.

Ratchet & Clank: mipmapping is not emulated by PCSX2, thus why every texture is screwy from a certain distance onwards. Nothing you can do about it but bear with it or run in software rendering.

Crash Twinsanity is perfectly emulated, except for a little ghostbox which takes up 1/4th of the screen and is of slightly lighter hue in color to the rest of the screen. Not sure why it won't boot for you.

DBZ BT2: I only have the third installment so i can't comment here.

Have you changed any important settings like EE/VU clamping/rounding? Messed with any hacks in the GSdx? In the case, of Crash Twinsanity, does the game work properly on your PS2 too? Perhaps it's a bad rip you made?
(11-01-2014, 11:58 PM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]Klonoa 2 : last i checked the graphics were fine except for the murderous high pitched noise it made constantly. Also it used to hang randomly. Managed to play up until the circus levels and all water looked fine to me.

Ratchet & Clank: mipmapping is not emulated by PCSX2, thus why every texture is screwy from a certain distance onwards. Nothing you can do about it but bear with it or run in software rendering.

Crash Twinsanity is perfectly emulated, except for a little ghostbox which takes up 1/4th of the screen and is of slightly lighter hue in color to the rest of the screen. Not sure why it won't boot for you.

DBZ BT2: I only have the third installment so i can't comment here.

Have you changed any important settings like EE/VU clamping/rounding? Messed with any hacks in the GSdx? In the case, of Crash Twinsanity, does the game work properly on your PS2 too? Perhaps it's a bad rip you made?

I did mess with the EE/VU settings while trying to fix the problems before posting. Twinsanity boots but when I get to the "New Game" menu it stops. The opening cinematic is ok and the sound is fine. Navigating the menu is SUPER laggy, takes ages to go down to options, can't select anything. PS2 disk is fine.

Not sure why Klonoa is like that, and the sounds are messed up on it.

I have no idea what software rendering is.

What are your settings? perhaps it could give me better luck since you got that far.[/quote]
(11-02-2014, 12:30 AM)Spirit19 Wrote: [ -> ]I did mess with the EE/VU settings while trying to fix the problems before posting. Twinsanity boots but when I get to the "New Game" menu it stops. The opening cinematic is ok and the sound is fine. Navigating the menu is SUPER laggy, takes ages to go down to options. PS2 disk is fine.

Not sure why Klonoa is like that, and the sounds are messed up on it.

I have no idea what software rendering is.

What are your settings? perhaps it could give me better luck since you got that far.
[/quote]

Well for starters leave EE/VU settings at defaults unless otherwise specified. Few games require changing them and as far as i know non of the ones you mentioned do.

My settings are fairly standard, it's your issues that are not. Can you try remaking your ISO of crash? See if it's any different.
(11-02-2014, 12:36 AM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]Well for starters leave EE/VU settings at defaults unless otherwise specified. Few games require changing them and as far as i know non of the ones you mentioned do.

My settings are fairly standard, it's your issues that are not. Can you try remaking your ISO of crash? See if it's any different.

So you left everything default basically? Are your specs better than mine? What plugins are you using? I want to try and get this as good as I can and since the games work ok for you I want to try and mimic your settings.
(11-02-2014, 12:51 AM)Spirit19 Wrote: [ -> ]So you left everything default basically? Are your specs better than mine? What plugins are you using? I want to try and get this as good as I can and since the games work ok for you I want to try and mimic your settings.

Well if you must know. My settings are the following:

Default EE/VU settings.
No frameskipping or gamefixes used.
All speedhacks are on, EE cyclerate = 2 and VU Cycle Stealing = 1.
GSdx on Dx11, x2 native resolution with 3 extra rendering threads (quad-core cpu), ticked texture filtering, auto interlacing.
SPU-X on X-Audio 2, Catmull-Rom interpolation, Async Mix, 50 ms latency.

Nothing out of the ordinary here.

As for my computer, it wears an i5 750 and a Sapphire HD 6770
Maybe it's just the rips. If the disks are scratched will they still make a good rip?
(11-02-2014, 01:59 AM)Spirit19 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's just the rips. If the disks are scratched will they still make a good rip?

give a try.
it's possible those scratches won't make a bad rip, and will even save your gamedisc.