..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Savestate file does not contain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently I have reinstalled windows 7 and PCSX2 1.2.1 and after all that was done I transfered over my save states and memory cards and when ever I try to load one of my save states I get this:
Loading savestate from slot 0...
filename: C:\Users\HDD8350\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-21782 (DEDC3B71).00.p2s
[wx] invalid zip file
Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: C:\Users\HDD8350\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-21782 (DEDC3B71).00.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate file does not contain 'PCSX2 Savestate Version.id'(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

It is the same version of PCSX2, same game and all the same save states and memory card info, the game is Persona 4

I can load the info from my memory card data but it seems to be from around early October where as the last save I made was around the 25th of October.

Is there anything I can do to try and resolve this issue?
Thank you in advance
(11-02-2014, 06:18 PM)09williamsad Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I have reinstalled windows 7 and PCSX2 1.2.1 and after all that was done I transfered over my save states and memory cards and when ever I try to load one of my save states I get this:
Loading savestate from slot 0...
filename: C:\Users\HDD8350\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-21782 (DEDC3B71).00.p2s
[wx] invalid zip file
Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!

that indicates you closed the pcsx2 quick after saving the slot, normally you would have to wait 5 seconds and close after saving, if you close it the next instant you saved your slot, this is bound to happen to bring it back there woud have been a backup save slot just in case, try that. Biggrin
(11-02-2014, 06:26 PM)s.sakash Wrote: [ -> ]that indicates you closed the pcsx2 quick after saving the slot, normally you would have to wait 5 seconds and close after saving, if you close it the next instant you saved your slot, this is bound to happen to bring it back there woud have been a backup save slot just in case, try that. Biggrin

There is no save state in the backup slot, also I do not think that I closed PCSX2 directly after making a save states as I remember making multiple save states in multiple slots then continuing to play the game. Does re installing PCSX2 break save states?
if you were using different versions of pcsx2 then it could
(11-02-2014, 08:50 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]if you were using different versions of pcsx2 then it could

Always been 1.2.1
(11-02-2014, 09:36 PM)09williamsad Wrote: [ -> ]Always been 1.2.1

well, the savestates wont be corrupted in that case Huh try, any save from gamefaq if u want to continue from where you stopped.
Well I will try to re install PCSX2 then if that does not work then I will start from the earlier save.
Thank you for the help you have provided.
(11-04-2014, 09:12 PM)09williamsad Wrote: [ -> ]Well I will try to re install PCSX2 then if that does not work then I will start from the earlier save.
Thank you for the help you have provided.

I'm pretty sure re-installing won't fix a broken savestate. Do what you think will work i guess.
1.Create a save state by using the same pcsx2 version you used to create this state(create it to different slot)
2.Open the new save state with your program that support opening zip files
3.Extract the "PCSX2 Savestate Version.id"
4.Open the corrupted save state
5.Place that file inside and try loading it.
(11-05-2014, 06:45 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]1.Create a save state by using the same pcsx2 version you used to create this state(create it to different slot)
2.Open the new save state with your program that support opening zip files
3.Extract the "PCSX2 Savestate Version.id"
4.Open the corrupted save state
5.Place that file inside and try loading it.

Hello, stumbled upon this page as i'm experiencing this problem today Tongue
Yes this method works ! and thank you

what I did is : 
- I went in the "sstates" folder found in the default "My Document" directory
- Found the save state number which i had corrupted and it's backup (along with other save states and also their backups)
- Deleted the corrupted save state, renamed the backup file by removing the ".backup" part
- Done, state recovered (uou replaced the state by it's backup)
- (as you load the state in the game to see that it works, try saving again and it should create another backup file of that state automaticly)
Smile Smile Smile
Pages: 1 2