..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Xenosaga Lag in cutscenes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Me again , still got some heavy fps drops when too many MGWS are on the screen.

Do I just have to live with it or are there still some options to improve performance ?

Cheers
what are EE% & GS% values during slowdowns?
(11-08-2014, 03:05 PM)Madmacx Wrote: [ -> ]Me again , still got some heavy fps drops when too many MGWS are on the screen.

Do I just have to live with it or are there still some options to improve performance ?

Cheers

well, check ee and gs for slowdown as willuker said and try disabling mtvu it could slow this game a lot. and, the fps drops big because, to render the extra textures of mgws you require more raw power guess, it's the hardware limit.
& Goto sounds plugins and tick disable effects !
(11-08-2014, 03:27 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]what are EE% & GS% values during slowdowns?

Ehrm EE 65% and GS 80% at 40FPs But when I disable 8bit Textures I get only 20Fps with EE at 28 % and GS 30%

(11-08-2014, 08:41 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]& Goto sounds plugins and tick disable effects !

I checked it but no difference
what speedhacks do you use?
is frameskip enabled?
Speedhacks are on default settings, im using PCSX2 1.2.1

Frameskip is disabled
Default setting is turned off ?
Enable all recommended speedhacks if not done so far.

Ah no, I see... default settings is all recommended speedhacks on.

Try to increase the EE slider by one.

Interestingly in the wiki it is written that one should disable 8-bit textures...
(11-09-2014, 03:39 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Default setting is turned off ?
Enable all recommended speedhacks if not done so far.

Ah no, I see... default settings is all recommended speedhacks on.

Try to increase the EE slider by one.

Interestingly in the wiki it is written that one should disable 8-bit textures...

Yeah, i did that but no change
(11-09-2014, 03:48 PM)Madmacx Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, i did that but no change

So increasing the EE slider didn't help even a bit?

Considering as well the 8-bit-response this sounds to me like gpu bottlenecked. But xenosaga is demanding in any case which might mean that there are some core-problems in the emulator for that game.

What happens if you use gsnull as plugin? Or reduce the resolution below native does this increase the fps?
Pages: 1 2 3 4