..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: System Specs- assistance appreciated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all!

I was wondering wether my new lapot could handle pcsx2 0.9.6 better than my old PC, and hoped you guys could tell me how to get better speed...

my specs are:

core 2 duo T5800 @2.00 GHz
3.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS
OS windows vista 32.

Does it still need any improvements? or a new PC perhaps?
Thanks alot in advanced for your answers!
Your cpu is bit weak, grapich card weak, probably you still can play 2d games in decent speed but almost 3d games will be very/slow.
Could you please be a little bit more specific?
i mean, what would be considered strong?
I've tried playing Odin sphere, which is 2d, but it still runs at 25 FPS in-game...
Try disgaia game from nippon ichi. By theway can you explain what's plugins and settings do you use in that game more detail.
I wouldn't expect great things. My laptop has a P8400 @ 2.64GHz and an OC'd 9800M GS and I rely on speedhacks to make most games smooth enough to be enjoyable. Even the easy 3D games like Kingdom Hearts and FFX are a bit too slow without hacks.
(03-12-2009, 03:49 PM)Lynxk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all!

I was wondering wether my new lapot could handle pcsx2 0.9.6 better than my old PC, and hoped you guys could tell me how to get better speed...

my specs are:

core 2 duo T5800 @2.00 GHz
3.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS
OS windows vista 32.

Does it still need any improvements? or a new PC perhaps?
Thanks alot in advanced for your answers!

2 ghz for pcsx2 is not that good. most of the games will run run at good speed. I have a 2.3ghz desktop and most of the games run slow on that too. thhe only fast games are naruto series and soul calibur2 rest all run at 80%full speed with all speed hacks and custom VU skip enabled.
Sorry to thread jack... but its same topic... and I am running a similar setup.. I have noticed a few games running a bit slow on my machine too..

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 @ 2GHZ (Strange how I have Tt200 and it runs at same speed as original posters T5800..)
2GB DDR Ram
512mb ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
OS Win XP Home 32bit

Will I need a speed hack as well to get FFX and FFX2 to run a bit smoother?

Would using my Fedora 10 GNOME OS work to my advantage rather than my WinXP install? Or would it not make a difference?
No if you use linux then you won't get the speed cause then gsdx will not work and ZeroGS needs a very powerful graphics card to run smooth.
Ahh... oh well.. will ahve to wait until I sort out my desktop pc.. can hardly change my gfx card in my laptop haha thanx again mate Smile
on my 2.2ghz dual core, 8400GS I can play about 1/3 of my FULL 3D games at 40fps with EEx1.5 you should be able to get somewhere near there.
Pages: 1 2