..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts 1 Slight Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. So, when playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and on Destiny Islands, when Im facing a detailed part, my fps goes from 60 to 40-45. Two questions:
1. Is my pc powerful enough to play this game and/or this emu? I looked at the requirements thread and it said it will run with great speed. (pc info at bottom)
2. I have the emu at default settings. What settings should I change to make the emu work better? I don't mind sacrificing some graphics or sound as long as it is not too bad.

Thank you so much for the help in advance! Smile

PC INFO:
CPU: AMD A8 6410 APU Quad Core @2.00 Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
Ram: 4gb
HDD: 750gb (263gb free)
OS: Windows 8 (the 8 os dosent effect games like it used to so I know my os wont bother it)

If its possible, post the screenshots to how I should change the settings unless just typing it would be easier for you.
CPU too slower
console log ??
pcsx2 version ??
In addition to what yxmline said:

What kind of settings do you use? (screenshots or detailed text)
What are your EE% and GS% readings during slowdown?
your cpu is quite weak, try overclocking, and use some speed hacks if you want to gain a little fps.and, post a screenshot of your settings and say the ee and gs readings while slow down to provide with more info.
My cpu is quite slow? HAHAHAHAHAHA!! s.sakash, ur credibility is lost now. My cpu runs some of the brand new games of today. Its a QUAD CORE dude. Quad core. Meaning four cores. Oh boy. That's hilarious. If u meant to put GPU, then ok. U got a valid point but not my cpu. PLUS! On a thread for pcsx2, my cpu is under the title of "being able to run at a very good speed" or something like that.

Now, like I said, its all default settings.
On slowdown:
FPS: 38-45 fps
EE: 75% - 95%
GS: 55% - 65%
VU: 55% - 75%
UI: 0% to 3%
Again, this is only at a detailed part. Anywhere else, 60fps. Perfect speed. And my dettins are exactly default. Whatever comes with the pack s what I kept it as. Could my bios effect speed too?
Your CPU is TOO SLOW. It's not very wise (or nice) to come on a forum full of people who know a lot more about this emulator than you do and then insult what they tell you.

See here: http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A8-6410+APU&id=2266

Your single threaded is 882. Even low demanding games will struggle with that. You need a minimum of 1400 there for good experience with most games in PCSX2, and ideally 1800. KH might be okay around 1200. But again, you don't have that.
Yeah Kh needs about 1250 or so for single thread

But yeah, Lose the attitude, your number of coees means almost nothing
Ok.
The kid had his answer, no need to feed the troll.
Ends here.