..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts 2 Optimal Settings for 0.9.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I were wondering , how you guys set up your PCSX2 to get KH2 Playable.

My Data:

[Image: 8zkzyt.jpg]

My Problems:

Unable to See HP Bar.

FPS During Game 35-45.

Sometimes Objects loose Textures (Like a House Wall suddenly gets chopped up and you see isntead of a regular White Wall a Brick Wall

Any Proposals?
Thanks.BlinkBiggrin
Hi Just to mention i do have higher FPS then you do with the same settings but i also am missing the HP bar. I use the direct3D10 hardware and i have not had problems with the textures tho. Try that if you can
enable logarithmic z. Smile (dx10 has built-in logarithmic z and that's why it's disabled when you have dx10 set)

Quote:
(03-12-2009, 11:14 PM)Hominghead Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes Objects loose Textures (Like a House Wall suddenly gets chopped up and you see isntead of a regular White Wall a Brick Wall
(03-12-2009, 11:54 PM)Nanakii Wrote: [ -> ]I use the direct3D10 hardware and i have not had problems with the textures tho.
that's something that's only fixed when you use dx10 (so if you only have xp then you gotta deal with it Sad)
Here's mine:

[Image: pcsx2optionskh2.jpg]

Everything works perfect, FPS doesn't drop below 59.88, none of my objects lose textures, however, shadows seem to not work correctly, causing moving blocks of black on the floor, but it's not all shadows, only some, and they move. It's fine though, doesn't affect gameplay at all, so I don't mind. Could be to do with the issue posted in the GSdx thread, so it'll probably get fixed soon enough.
even if you have 100000000 cores it won't run any faster. I get 150-200 fps with my core 2 duo on highest settings ;] ouchies.

It's all bout the frequency of the processor. C2d are the best for ps2 emulation. That won't change for a while.
The shadow problem should be caused by the custom resolution,should be perfect in native
included my settings in the attachments (kh2 works with any gsdx {i know i tested it Biggrin})
(03-13-2009, 12:27 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]The shadow problem should be caused by the custom resolution,should be perfect in native

Nah still exists, and it's in software mode as well.
Alright i got the Hp Bar Fixed, aswell as the "Casual" Sprite Stripping.
Also my FPS Rose by 8.
I think that makes it playble.

Thanks for your support ^^ (Credits to LuisR14)