..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: First Timer Troubles...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in need of a bit of help, well...a lot of help actually.

I'm just starting out in the whole, "Emulation" thing and needless to say; I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. The game I'm currently having the trouble with is Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.

What's happening is, is that the game seems to run slow, the audio plays like there are two tracks playing at the same time, and the graphics are just blurry as all-get-out.

I've messed with the options a bit and nothing seems to be helping in any way; so if someone could help me out a bit, I'd be grateful. It's one of my favorite games and I just recently learned about emulation from a friend and saw that Sly Cooper has an emulation for it, so I'm pretty hyped about having a chance to play it again, and I wanna fix these problems before I start, so all the nostalgia can come back in full, you know?

(PS: I'm sorry if there's a rule about starting new threads or something like that, I'm also knew to this forum stuff as well... heh, sorry... ^^')
(11-24-2014, 08:46 AM)Karongar Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in need of a bit of help, well...a lot of help actually.

I'm just starting out in the whole, "Emulation" thing and needless to say; I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. The game I'm currently having the trouble with is Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.

What's happening is, is that the game seems to run slow, the audio plays like there are two tracks playing at the same time, and the graphics are just blurry as all-get-out.

I've messed with the options a bit and nothing seems to be helping in any way; so if someone could help me out a bit, I'd be grateful. It's one of my favorite games and I just recently learned about emulation from a friend and saw that Sly Cooper has an emulation for it, so I'm pretty hyped about having a chance to play it again, and I wanna fix these problems before I start, so all the nostalgia can come back in full, you know?

(PS: I'm sorry if there's a rule about starting new threads or something like that, I'm also knew to this forum stuff as well... heh, sorry... ^^')

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Also please make sure to read the forum rules:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Announcement-Global-Forum-Rules

As far as Sly Cooper, that game is [url=http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-Most-CPU-Intensive-Gamesknown to be pretty CPU-intensive[/url] so the most likely cause of your slow down is your computer's processor.
(11-24-2014, 10:05 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Also please make sure to read the forum rules:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Announcement-Global-Forum-Rules

As far as Sly Cooper, that game is [url=http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-The-Most-CPU-Intensive-Gamesknown to be pretty CPU-intensive[/url] so the most likely cause of your slow down is your computer's processor.

Alrighty, read the rules and got them all typed down in a spare note to keep track of them from now on, and thanks for saying you need that stuff to give me any help.

My Specs read out;
Model: Toshiba Satellite C75D-A
Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (Quad-Core) 2.00 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB

I'm currently using PCSX2 1.2.1 and the only options I've changed I've put back to defaults just so I don't mess anything up.

and as for the game itself, I'm using a ISO download from *snip*

Hopes that covers everything.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.