..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
No, we are not blaming Dev's, they are heroes to us, and they have created great emulator !=)
We just wan't to make temporary solution fo SotC, and we know that it is possible. Pcsx2 allready have a lot of hacking checkboxes for specific games, so we only ask one more fix Smile But if dev's don't want to do it, just tell us here how to import correctly previous scaler and make SotC exclusive gsdx plugin by ourselves Smile
Just use the old version?
At last... been lurking to this forum.... and finally!

SoTC's shadow is perfect!!

Been waiting for this day!
Hello
I am running SoTC pretty smoth, but in the new version on pcsx2 0.9.7 2801 (also the previous one r2789) although shadows seems fine there is that strange ghost effect at some camera angles glowing arround me and also the horse (mostly when there is a little of sun), as it`s shown on this image: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8076/sotc.jpg . Is there any way to fix this bug by settings? The game is running at 1920x1200 (with the same D3D internal resolution). GSdx 2763, Windows XP, core2duo e4300@3Ghz, geforce 8800 gts. Can somebody help me, please ?
Also, could anybody say why in the newer version 0.9.7 in LilyPad settings the Force Feedback option is not active? It was active in 0.9.6, but now i can`t change anything there (force feedback options are grey). Is it caused by emulator? I`ve tried to copy Lilypad pluggin from 0.9.6, but it didn`t change anything. On SSX plugin force feedback aren`t working, any idea how to solve this ?
And again...check "native" resolution in the GSdx config.
Yes, but in native mode in-game resolution is tragic, almost can`t play this way on 26" monitor. Isn`t there any other way ?
Rama, the main problem is - old version (24xx) have working scaler, but don't have latest shadow fix Sad
And the latest version renders shadows correctly, but scaler don't work and cause a lot of ghost effects and displaces Sad
Thats why we are trying to make one gsdx plugin especially for SotC...
If anyone can combine previuos scaler with latest gsdx - help us please...
First off, since this is my first post here, I'd like to thank the pcsx2 devs for letting me play my ps2 collection on my PC, even though some games are not perfect others are, I want to thank you for the very least a chance to play my PS2 favorites with better graphics. Thanks.

(04-02-2010, 04:54 AM)Linear Wrote: [ -> ]Rama, the main problem is - old version (24xx) have working scaler, but don't have latest shadow fix Sad
And the latest version renders shadows correctly, but scaler don't work and cause a lot of ghost effects and displaces Sad
Thats why we are trying to make one gsdx plugin especially for SotC...
If anyone can combine previuos scaler with latest gsdx - help us please...

Now, I too would like to see someone mod a working scaler into the newer versions, GOW2 also suffers from ghosting just like SotC, the games run very well with the latest updates but we do not get a chance to enjoy our high def screens because we can only run these games in native resolution. It sucks that most pcsx communities don't allow posting of fixes/modified files, I found a modded gsdx on youtube of all places., lol.

Am I likely to find a newer gsdx with the same mods? I highly doubt it, so I guess asking around is the next best thing to do. So Linear, if you ever find someone to help you out please PM me, because I too would like to enjoy SotC in full HD Laugh.
Yeah, GOW games work best with 2406 too....
You guys don't know about the new hacks in GSdx, am I right?
Add "allowHacks = 1" to your gsdx.ini, then you get new items in the configuration dialog.
GOW2 for example gets perfectly fixed with the offset hack enabled. I imagine SotC will look
good or perfect as well.
smashingpunk:
I want you to know that we devs would LOVE to offer perfect eye candy for your HD monitors.
You need to acknowledge that there are bad limitations though to what we can do.
Stuff like the hacks in GSdx are proof that we're trying, I hope Tongue2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37