..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Hi. I wonder if anybody can help me.

How can i fix this?

[Image: asd1d.jpg]

Look at the right place on the picture.

Also the shadows on the characters are not working properly (the have like a "double shadow, a contour), i´ve seen some videos on youtube from innuendo88, and he´s not having this problem.

This:

[Image: asd2j.jpg]

it is not a speedhack problem (i´ve trying not using it, but the problem its still there), i´ve try turning on/off the progressive scan, swichting 16:9 to 4:3, etc

im using the lastest svn, i´ve try others, getting the same results.

Thanks in advice, and sorry for my english Tongue

EDIT: recently i´ve try God of War 2, and i have the same "shadows" problem, it appears to be a problem with the custom scaling, using native ps2 both games work perfect.

Is there any hack, patch...?

EDIT 2: im using the gsdx9 plugin for video, it comes with the last svn, is that the right one? it has d3d 9 & 11, no direct 10.
(02-03-2011, 02:53 AM)Nanchy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I wonder if anybody can help me.

How can i fix this?

It was told million times... NEVER use custom internal D3D resolution (I guess devs should hide that option to the hacks group) - Always use Scaler instead, or Native resolution... Most PS2 games are not scalable very well, and a lot of glitches arise if you change internal resolution...

To play SotC without most glitches, use the modified GSDX plugin mentioned in this thread, use 2x or 3x scaler and enable half-pixel offset hack in GSDX settings...
You'll get something like this:

Follow the link in the video description...
any chance updating the gsdx to the latest available? (svn version) Smile
(02-03-2011, 06:49 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]any chance updating the gsdx to the latest available? (svn version) Smile

Is it incompatible with the recent PCSX2 revision?..
He means that it would be faster and,with less gliches if it's with recent gsdx.I mean not have to change plugins.
well i havent tried it with the latest rev (it should be fine i guess)

but it would also include the bug fixes / changes the devs make from time to time Wink
(02-03-2011, 04:46 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote: [ -> ]It was told million times... NEVER use custom internal D3D resolution (I guess devs should hide that option to the hacks group) - Always use Scaler instead, or Native resolution... Most PS2 games are not scalable very well, and a lot of glitches arise if you change internal resolution...

i wasnt using a internal res, i was using the scaler, on 3x. Gonna try the offset hack, but i cant find the gdsx.ini (ha, no, not a noob, really its not there). I guess i will try with another revision too.

Another thing, in the gdsx plugin config, just let me choose between d3d9 and d3d11, not d3d10.... am i missing something? i mean, wich directx its best for a good emulation?

btw, the game runs perfectly smooth on a oced to 4ghz i5 and a gtx 460 Smile
Choose Direct3D11. It will utilize DX10, anyways.
I doubt the new revision of GSDX has improved, it wasn't even touched by devs recently...

Anyway, scaler + offset hack + modded GSDX = almost everything looks fine... And no black borders or misplaced shadows...
i did the offset hack, with innuendo88 help now everything is where it has to be Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37