..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
(08-24-2009, 03:36 PM)Linear Wrote: [ -> ]Ma-a-an, you did a hell-of-a-job !!! But can you tell me you pcsx2 rev. number ? Newest revisions gives a cdvd crash if I trying to load savestate Sad
So I'am searching most stable revision. MicroVU is faster and gives smooth framerate Smile And I discover interesting framerate config option : Set VU stealing to the middle level (level 2), turn on EErec sync speedhack to 1,5 (never use x2 sync hack) and you will notice that framerate is more smooth, without burst frameskipping. And if you have Core i7 you can even set Default EE sync to x1 (smooth and perfect gameplay). Hope it is usefull to you.

I use 1669, and yes, it does chrash if you try to do it the normal way. The only way it worked for me is what i've written under the header of " and finally the Solution..."

hmmm you're right! It actually runs pretty neat with 1.5 hack! A wouldn't have guessed since it was otherwise back with 0.9.6... x3 hack was the only option that gave a playable speed : D
But I have to say Not Yet to the x1, that produces sound stuttering, not for long though, I'm before an upgrade, hehe

I still don't feel any performance difference with microVU... in this game. Other acutally ran slower with it for me...
Hmmm I've just read that MicroVU is threadable in contrast to SuperVU... that might explain why you have a better performance with your i7, and why I don't with my Dual core.
the game now wroks fine for me for about 50-60 FPS
I have core i7 920 2.66 but with most of the speed hacks on,it's working just fine,even in bosses.

btw,is that game considered to be the most "heavy PS2 game" to emulate,or there is "heavier" PS2 games than that game?
It's certainly one of the heaviest.
Innuendo, try using Pete sound plugin - it eliminates any sound stuttering and faster than SPU-X2 plugin =) Actually I don't have Core i7, my CPU is Core2Quad 6600 and it runs Shadow of the Colllossus perfect with EESync x1,5 mode =)
Pete's PeoPs plugin is indeed faster but only because it has no effects emulation whatsoever, missing reverb and wrong volumes. So I'd say PeoPs for speed and SPU2-X for quality
Bositman, I don't agree about effects in Pete's PeoPs plugin - there is all reverb and correct volume, but only for games without sound treading. Example: Shadow of the Collossus, Front Mission 4 and 5, etc... But most games only works correctly with SPU-2 plugin, which require more CPU cycles for sound production. Besides, sound in Killzone works ONLY with ZeroSPU plugin, Peops and SPU-2 doesn't work with this game.
Nope, as I said PeoPs has NO effects emulation whatsoever (including reverb). The checkbox it has for reverb is left over from the ps1 version of the plugin and practically does nothing. It also has no volume calculation either. Well if the other plugins don't work yeah, you'll have no choice but to use it anyway Tongue
Strange, in Pete's plugin there is drop down menu with SPU2 reverb and when you activate it you'll notice that all Front Mission games has correct legs sound reverberation and explosions reverb, and in SotC music plays more nicely =) Without SPU2 reverb in Pete's plugin all this effects are missing Tongue
Anyway, even if it couldn't work - Pete's gaussian interpolation sounds very nice, SPU-2 have only linear and cubic interpolation, and cubic gives too much high freq which is not like real PS2's sound. Actually I dreaming about Eternal SPU plugin for Pcsx2, this plugin was best of all PSOne SPU plugins and it had a clean and perfect sound... Too bad that Eternal SPU team not working anymore :'(
Innuendo, I finally found out Collossus problem with fairy shading: GSDX plugin has some postprocess skipping list, which works by CRC of the games. For some reason Gabest include SotC in this list and plugin skips that FX. All we can do now is fooling startup CRC compare operation and I've improved your technique - First - use CDVDolio plugin (fastest one), > execute emulation with any different game and press ESC before Sony logo disappears > change iso to SotC and press execute button again (continue through BIOS to DVD loading) and play nice with fairy shading. There is no need to load any savestate, because you are allready fooling gsdx by changing iso during BIOS startup cycle Smile ANd this technique works with other games too Smile Right now I'm testing MGS3 8)

P.S. = initiall pixel offset for 1024x1024 internal res is x=-8, y=-3 Smile These numbers are correct for all games with native 512x448 internal res =)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37