..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Graphics Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi im trying to see if a graphics card would improve performance on the frame rate.
My current specs are:
Processor: AMD A6-6400K APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 8470D
Ram: 8GB
Thanks for you help and time.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(12-01-2014, 10:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

I think im using PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)
I was playing Persona 3 FES. I was getting 60 fps in some areas and sometimes in conversations it would drop to 40-50 fps. I was wondering if getting a graphics card would help keep it in 60 fps most of the time.
CPU is the bottleneck there, not your GPU.

It kinda sucks that you can't benefit from the MTVU speedhack either since it's a dual-core CPU.
(12-01-2014, 11:28 PM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]CPU is the bottleneck there, not your GPU.

So if I got a graphics card it wouldnt make a difference?
Nope.
(12-01-2014, 11:34 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Nope.

So I would need a need CPU?
Yes. That's what we've been telling you. Your CPU is the problem.

Normally we could tell you try out the MTVU speedhack, but you can't benefit from that with a dualcore CPU like the A6-6400, on top of that the single core performance isn't all that good either.
(12-01-2014, 11:39 PM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. That's what we've been telling you. Your CPU is the problem.

Normally we could tell you try out the MTVU speedhack, but you can't benefit from that with a dualcore CPU like the A6-6400, on top of that the single core performance isn't all that good either.

Thanks for the help.
What CPU would you recommend?
Honestly I've never been a fan of AMD CPUs so my recommendation would always be to go for an Intel CPU instead, especially for emulation & core performance lol. But that'd involve getting a new motherboard too.
Pages: 1 2 3