..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: *Experimental* OpenCL renderer crashed PSCX2 (FF12)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried build r728 last night...

I tried out the new D3D9 (Open CL)renderer and it crash PCSX2 when attempting to load Final Fantasy 12...

I did not try out the OpenGL (Open CL)....

The log file did not seem to show anything and the Drwatson log file had no usable info where the fault was located it showed something that wasn't even ASM code...

system specs are in my signature.
It's experimental for a reason.
if you use FFX you can get around 15 fps i have a 290X and i get around there fps
Edit: Never mind I was wrong.
(12-04-2014, 11:21 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]I tried build r728 last night...

I tried out the new D3D9 (Open CL)renderer and it crash PCSX2 when attempting to load Final Fantasy 12...

I did not try out the OpenGL (Open CL)....

The log file did not seem to show anything and the Drwatson log file had no usable info where the fault was located it showed something that wasn't even ASM code...

system specs are in my signature.

I believe it requires openCL 1.2, which nvidia doesn't bother supporting.
(12-04-2014, 11:21 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]I tried out the new D3D9 (Open CL)renderer and it crash PCSX2 when attempting to load Final Fantasy 12...

as rama mentioned this issue takes place on most of the nvidia card's.
According to GPUz my [Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB] supports Open CL 1.2, now the drivers support of OpenCL that's another question...

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-...ifications
Nvidia cards only support Open CL 1.1
(12-05-2014, 07:51 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Nvidia cards only support Open CL 1.1

driver wise

ok I see
[attachment=53370]
this pic is of the version info on the
- nvopencl32.dll
OpenCL v1.1
as clear as day so you guys are correct ;D
Quote:The GSdx crash was fixed few days ago: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/408 , so a recent GSdx should work OK.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.