..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Simple bug with the console reporting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If you start pcsx2 with any software mode already selected,pressing F9 will display a message that pcsx2 switched to software mode but it's actually the other way around.

Pressing F9 shows the message that GSdx switched to SW mode but it's actually running in HW mode.

I'm using the latest beta
(12-05-2014, 07:53 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the latest beta
can you give the correct version number.
I really mean,the latest beta...I also tried with some old beta before trying the latest but it was the same
v1.2.1-728-g7328e55

1.Start pcsx2 and set GSdx to use some Software Mode and hit ok
2.Start any game or the bios and press F9

For example in bios in SW mode I got 200fps but when I press F9,I'll get the message "Forced software switch enabled." but GSdx is actually running in hardware mode(the speed goes above 500fps)
I would guess this error exists for years now. When was the last time this console output was changed by a revision? Giving an exact revision number will probably not needed (as almost all revisions will have this problem).

Are you sure that the game really starts in sw? I think 200fps and 500fps is both quite high to be reliable indicators for hw/sw. One of both mode should be dependent on the number of extra rendering threads. Maybe you can make sure that really the console output is wrong and not the gsdx gui. I would have guessed that the gui is incorrect and that you actually ran in hw mode.
I'm 100% sure that the console report the status incorrectly.
It's probably maded to output that text the first time you press F9 regardless of what mode is currently selected.

I'm not trying a game but the bios(it's the same with a game)

Start pcsx2=>switch to sw mode=>run the bios=>200fps
Start pcsx2=>swthch to hw mode=>run the bios=>can't really tell...between 500 and 650

Start pcsx2=>switch to sw mode=>run the bios=>200fps=>F9=>"Forced software switch enabled."=>between 500 and 650=>F9=>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
It mentions "Forced software switch enabled.", I think the message will cause conflicts for those who are using D3D9/D3D11/OGL(software mode). I think, changing the message to something like "render toggle initialized" will be more accurate.

If someone has a better wording, please mention. I will PR it and move it to the resolved issues after the PR get's merged.
"Toggling GSdx Hardware/Software renderer" maybe
Thanks for the suggestion. https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/531
Still the best solution would be to somehow read the currently selected renderer the first time this is called, so from then on the message will be correct
What I actually want to see is some kind of info in the game window which mode is selected(sometimes I don't know at what mode gsdx is running(the speed is the same)and the only way to find out is to rely on the console info))
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5