..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Bios or Iso problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

This is probably a very simple problem to fix (hopefully!) and I'm just being stupid, but I'm new to PCSX2 and can't get the program working.
I have downloaded Final Fantasy 12 (which I also own on disk) and extracted it to .iso format.
I've also downloaded the PCSX2 program (1.2.1) and fully installed this along with directX.
However when I open the program it seems to be unable to use the .iso file and wants a .bios instead?
When I run the PCSX2 program I select to import the PCSX2 settings (apparently in the folder). It then enumerates the plugins and comes up with the list of GS, PAD, SPU2 and CDVD etc... If I choose 'next' from here, it then wants a BIOS search path but even when I select the folder my .iso file is in, it doesn't recognise it.
I've also tried changing CDVD to the 'Linuz iso' option with no success.

What do I need to do to fix this? My actual PS2 disk is at home at the moment so I can't access it right now!

Thanks!
You need to dump the bios from your ps2 console
What does that mean doing?
My PS2 is also at home (I'm currently at uni) along with the disk so do I actually need that in order to be able to access the file?
Yes, you actually need to be at your console to dump the BIOS
Delete that downloaded crap and remake everything (bios/iso) from original materials. You'll avoid lots of problems by doing so