..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How pnach files work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
final fantasy X cheat does'nt work ..
in pnach what should i do
Nothing. Put the pnach file under Cheats/ Folder of your pcsx2 directory. Open pcsx2 --> System -->Enable cheats. and run the Game. Smile

Make sure the Pnach file used is for the Same game, and the crc of your game matches the name of the pnach file. Smile
Just a quick (or maybe not..) question.
I tried cheating on Final Fantasy 12. I used the ARMax codes, with and without the master code. Problem is, the Infinite HP cheat crashes my emulator when loading. So, I googled a bit and found a code that bypasses the checksum check. Tried it with that one, still no success. So I just loaded a savestate with my cheats enabled, saved the game again and no problems. Then I switched the area, and bam!, emulator crash. >_>
Then I tried using the Codebreaker RAW codes instead of the ARMax, and with them (without master code, makes the license board crash..) I used the Infinite HP cheat. No problems and it works. Now the thing is, the Infinite HP is not only for me. The enemies have it too. I just re-target the enemy and bam!, full HP again. This is very annoying when fighting bosses, since this way, it could take years.. Any ideas on fixing this? Or the ARMax codes?

My cheat file ->

Code:
//gametitle=Final Fantasy XII SLUS_209.63

//Comment=DAT HP
patch=1,EE,2030C108,word,00000000 <- Btw, why is this address completely 'blank'?
patch=1,EE,2030C110,word,AE620048

//Full ATB
patch=1,EE,2030C6C4,word,AEB5070C
patch=1,EE,2030C6C8,word,AE150030

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600. The cheats at other games work fine, but just FF12 is giving me those headaches. :/
Someone please help me... I've tried both the cheat lists provided in the forums for Final Fantasy XII. I've checked the version, the game code, etc etc. It's all correct. But every time I try to start the game, in the console window it tells me that it cannot convert the pnach file into Unicode. Final Fantasy X works just fine. Maybe I'm just not getting it, but I copied all of the codes for XII into Notepad and saved it as (the correct hex code name thing) and (.pnach). It does not have (.txt) after it. Please please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've been at this for hours now. I've installed PCSX2 outside of Program Files, I've looked at the codes, etc etc. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Update: I've tried another file, now the cheats work, but it corrupts my save file. Seriously? What do I have to do to make this thing work :/
Nevermind. I think I got it. I believe it was a faulty cheat code. I deleted it from the file and it seems to work now.
I am currently having issues where the pnach file is detected, but the codes are not loading, no matter what I do to it.

Current code being tested is:
//GP
patch=1,EE,BB9CCEE7,extended,A6E79572

For .hack//GU vol.1

Any thoughts?
(06-01-2012, 12:36 AM)shirobara Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently having issues where the pnach file is detected, but the codes are not loading, no matter what I do to it.

Current code being tested is:
//GP
patch=1,EE,BB9CCEE7,extended,A6E79572

For .hack//GU vol.1

Any thoughts?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Wordpad and Notepad are the only programs to be used for this...was using MSWord like an idiot. All that extra page coding...eeesh
Hi there,
I've got a little question about those *.pnach files.

I play under PCSX2 0.9.8 (rev4600) and with Altered Beast, european (french) version. I DL the installer on this site and everything works fine.
But the game is really... well, is really tough and I'm bored with the last two levels. So I wanted to use cheats, I read the topics about that, here and there, and I tried to do the same.

Si I checked the SLES and the CRC of my game (with an older 0.9.6 version for the CRC, because I can't read it anywhere on the 0.9.8 console) :
[Image: 7dfdf375-33c0-407e-ae18-c5571090e3d4.jpg]
I found my codes (ARmax for European version) on GSCentral.org and I converted them with MaxConverter. I created my pnatch file :
[Image: 7a06e9bf-9f1e-4649-ba79-8e784fc6da59.jpg]
I placed my *.pnach file in the (I think) good directory (the other one was already in the directory, I don't know why) :
[Image: ac31bfc8-7ad0-42b7-bae7-82ab0f7fb3e6.jpg]
And lastly, I activated the cheats :
[Image: 18761b34-b704-469c-93af-a5c59b854c26.jpg]

The good news is it doesn't make my emulator crash ! The bad news is it doesn't make anything. As I can see, I don't even know if PCSX2 tries to load the patch, there's anything about it in the console.
I don't know if those are the wrong codes, if I did something wrong or something else. So if you could help me, I would be very pleased Biggrin

P.S. : please excuse my pathetic english, I tried to do my best.
Wow ! Did nobody knows ?Tongue
Well, I tried to solve it by myself, without results.

Because I have an ARMax DVD, I tried to use it. But when it asks to swap to the game, it doesn't work.
Anyway, it gave me a clue about my problem. The thing is, when I load the DVD of my game, it loads well, the game runs... but the console doesn't seem to recognize it : it says "loading BIOS" or something like that. It doesn't show me the CRC or the SLES of my game, and of course it doesn't detect the patch.
But when I try to load it after PCSX2 has launched my ARMax DVD, then it gives me the CRC and the SLES, and it says "x cheats enabled" (or something like that once more, I don't have my PC by now).

So I think I've got a problem with the detection of my game. Maybe that's because it's a DVD and not an iso.
I'm not sure I'm very clear. I'll try to take snapshots about all that stuff tomorrow.
Few things:
- all PCSX2 versions have this info in the log, it's just not soo colored now,

- we're pretty much using programs like omniconvert and pcsx2ce nowadays to simply convert cheats between any format now and add correct formatting automatically also lines like gametitle and comment doesn't affect pnach file working at all and you don't have to fill it with much detail, adding crc there is pretty useless as same game versions have commonly different crc's while codes will still work,

- last, but most important here, your codes are wrongly converted, they'll not work at all or do some bad things at best,

Post the original unconverted codes, if you want help with converting them;3.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15