..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom resolution vs Nativex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Messing with some stuff today after updating pcsx2 I noticed that I get higher fps using the same resolution that I would get from using the nativeX setting. Unless I am misjudging the games native resolution. And I do not mean 2-3 fps I mean like 40 fps.
you probably have a weak gpu.
The native resolution is visible in the gsdx title bar.

So you want to say that if you have a game at native resolution 500x500 and you check:
1. native x 3
2. custom resolution 1500x1500
you get highly differing fps results?
(01-02-2015, 01:05 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]The native resolution is visible in the gsdx title bar.

So you want to say that if you have a game at native resolution 500x500 and you check:
1. native x 3
2. custom resolution 1500x1500
you get highly differing fps results?

The game I am playing atm has a native res of 512x448.
If I set it to native x4 I get 20-45fps with massive lag.
Setting it to 2048x1792 using custom resolution I still get a clean 60 fps.
That's interesting.

Which version do you use?
(01-02-2015, 01:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]That's interesting.

Which version do you use?

I just updated to 1.2.1.
(01-02-2015, 12:42 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]you probably have a weak gpu.

And since you glady brought it up. My gpu is way stronger than yours. According to toms hardware anyway.
Can you maybe test pcsx2 v.1.0 as well as the current beta release?

I don't know if this is a known fact but for me it doesn't sound reasonable. I can not test this currently but will do today in the evening.
(01-02-2015, 01:37 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you maybe test pcsx2 v.1.0 as well as the current beta release?

I don't know if this is a known fact but for me it doesn't sound reasonable. I can not test this currently but will do today in the evening.

Yeah I will test them both in a few min here. Going to test something else as well. And it is odd which is the reason I brought it up.
I might of figured it out. I was messing around with the different settings and had turned on hardware hacks to test the msaa and since nothing had really changed I had left it on. For whatever reason doing this with nativex produces horrible fps drops. Still begs the question as to why.

And I can confirm that it happens in the versions you linked me.

I should also note I am using direct3d11 hardware.

So msaa being turned on under hardware hacks causes a fps drop on nativex vs custom res.
Pages: 1 2