..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Random slowdown?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya. Having a bit of a problem with PCSX2 1.2.1. At random times, during all the games I've tested, the game will slowdown for about 1-2 seconds, while the music slows to a crawl, then fixes itself.

I've tried to figure out what it is, I thought it was due to loading in the ISOs but nope, it's completely random.

I use CoreTemp to manage my loads, clock speed, temperature etc, and I'd say they're all fine, though the load never goes above 20%.

Keep in mind this is in all games I've tried; Kingdom hearts 1 and 2, Persona 3 FES, FFX and SSX 3, as well as Tricky (These are PAL ISOs, as they are dumped from the discs)

I use a Cooler Master Notepal X3 to cool my laptop, cus god knows laptops have terrible cooling. I get maximum 75*C, averaging around 70.

Apart from this, all my games run at max speed, with this being the only hiccup.

Here's some specs;
Intel i7-4702MQ (2.2ghz, 3.2ghz turbo)
Nvidia Geforce GT750M
8GB DDR3 Memory
750GB Seagate hard drive
128gb Toshiba SSD

Here's my graphics settings for all who are curious;

[Image: aF3CI.jpg]

(This problem also occurs at native resolution with 0 Hardware settings enabled)
Does your EE%, VU%, or GS% increase significantly during the slowdowns? Any slowdowns on my computer occur for a split second after loading, but none of these increase to 100%. However, it seems that yours occur for much longer.
Nope, they seem pretty average to me. However, I have noticed at the VERY start of the stutter, for a split second they both reduce to 0%. I've reduced my graphics to the bare minimum just for testing right now. I took this screenshot as soon as I heard the music slow, my temps are recorded in the system tray.

[Image: IYkl0.jpg]
It's odd that there's no indication for what the slowdown is. If this occurrence doesn't happen at the same parts of your games, I really don't know what the cause is. Sorry I couldn't help you any further with this.
No worries, I think I fixed it anyway; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtGN67ROjFo