..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DQ8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Greetings.

I just got a new gaming laptop and I am attempting to run DQ8 on PCSX2 thus far with disastrous results. My rig:

Intel i7 @2.5
GTX 970m

I am running PCSX2 v 1.21
BIOS USA - v 2.2
GS - GSDx32-avx-r5875
Lilypad-r5875
SPU2-x

I am running at around 45-60fps but the game is SUPER choppy! Is my GPU just too weak? Or am I doing something wrong?
GPU is fine, What specific i7?

Also play while plugged in and set Windows power plan to high performance and enable MTVU.
Can you post your pcsx2 settings?
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 16333 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.493 ghz (8 logical threads)

I have been playing while plugged in so far.

My pcsx2 settings are as follows:
Adapter = Default hardware device (I also tried selecting NVidia GTX970M with no variation)
Direct3D9 (I also tried 11 with no variation in results)
Interlacing = Auto
PS2 Resolution = Native
Texture filtering = on
Allow 8bit texture = on
enable HW Hacks = on

All other settings in GS are set to "Default" -- I tried messing around with some speedhacks but I didn't really see any difference.

When I move the character around, the game lags quite horribly. It's very choppy, and essentially unplayable as is currently.
What are your GS% and EE% readings while you observe lags?
try turning off 8 bit textures
It seems GS is constantly at 80-100% and VU is 70-90%. EE goes down to 70% during the lag spikes.

I am getting tons of lag drops to 40fps, which is making the game unplayable.
Hey guys good news... after adjusting to "high performance" power plan... removing 8-bit, and adjusting all settings to default, with only "mtvu" activated, I am now running at a solid 60fps!

Too bad it took my entire last day of my weekend to get it running!

Better late than never I suppose!

Being an adult sucks! Back to work tomorrow, lol!
You should always have "High performance" Set on a gaming laptop, the battery sucks either way Laugh
(01-12-2015, 04:58 AM)je355804 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys good news... after adjusting to "high performance" power plan... removing 8-bit, and adjusting all settings to default, with only "mtvu" activated, I am now running at a solid 60fps!

Too bad it took my entire last day of my weekend to get it running!

Better late than never I suppose!

Being an adult sucks! Back to work tomorrow, lol!
what mode you were using ? hardware or software ? if you prefer native resolution. you could also try using software mode +3 rendering threads.
Pages: 1 2 3