..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Original PCSX issue, please help if you can
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, i'm aware that this probably isn't the right place to put this help request, but from what I read, the devs who made pcsx2 made the original pcsx. So, on with the details...
My keyboard's function keys don't work, and for me to use the analog sticks on pcsx, I have to open the on-screen keyboard and activate the analog function that way. Except when I try to do this, the controller seems to disconnect, or at least I can't press any buttons on my controller when I go back into the game. pcsx thinks the controller has disconnected, because when I do this in-game, it pauses the game. Emulation doesn't pause or anything like that.
LOL forgot to put what I need fixing
I just need pcsx to reconnect my controller, I can only have my controller work again when I reset emulation, and that turns analog back off.
Well the devs that worked on PCSX mostly no longer work on PCSX2 and likely won't be around.

However you can do this:

https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

Use that software to map your F5 key somewhere else, like maybe tilde(~).

I used that software with my laptop which had broken keys for a while(til I replaced the keyb).
(01-21-2015, 10:25 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Well the devs that worked on PCSX mostly no longer work on PCSX2 and likely won't be around.

Ah that's a shame. Anyways, thanks for the software recommendation, I'll take a look and let you know how it works for me.
Another less invasive option might be using a software like joytokey to map f5 to the controller itself.
(01-21-2015, 10:32 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Another less invasive option might be using a software like joytokey to map f5 to the controller itself.

Okay my problem has changed... I've got joytokey set up properly, works great btw, mapped L3 to be my f5 key. I load up my game, get to the main menu, check to see if buttons work with analog off, they do. I press L3, and right away the controller stops working.

Now I'm using epsxe to compare, and it has no trouble when I turn analog off and on with L3, or even when I use on-screen keyboard to turn analog on and off. I think I'll just use this instead. Thanks for the software recommendation, I'll be using this for enabling the analog function from now on.