..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SOCOM II best settings for single player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an i5 3570k and gtx 770 OC 8gb ram, with a 21:9 ultrawide monitor outputting 720p for emulation
Using gsdx 952 [settings in the attachments]
Also sending another screenshot showing my speedhacks and then a third screenshot showing my window settings

What do I have to do to make this game run properly on single player?
Use Mtvu hack and decrease the EE cyclerate and Vu stealing or else you may get some glitches on the game.
(01-24-2015, 12:13 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]Use Mtvu hack and decrease the EE cyclerate and Vu stealing or else you may get some glitches on the game.

That made my game slower
(01-24-2015, 01:30 PM)SnakeXIII Wrote: [ -> ]That made my game slower
Looks like mtvu hack slows down this game. then, use gsdx sse 4.1(or) avx over sse2. If, the slow downs still occur then, try using sw mode +3 extra rendering threads.
Ssakash, do you even own Socom to test?

Also, can you be a bit more specific on which socom game you're playing snake?
(01-24-2015, 06:12 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, can you be a bit more specific on which socom game you're playing snake?
He did mention socom 2.
(01-24-2015, 06:12 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Ssakash, do you even own Socom to test?
I never mentioned that, I tested this game.
(01-24-2015, 06:12 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Ssakash, do you even own Socom to test?

You know our sakash. Tongue2
(01-24-2015, 07:26 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]He did mention socom 2.
I never mentioned that, I tested this game.

I'll check out all these settings soon
cheers
(01-24-2015, 02:07 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like mtvu hack slows down this game. then, use gsdx sse 4.1(or) avx over sse2. If, the slow downs still occur then, try using sw mode +3 extra rendering threads.

Software isn't needed for SOCOM II unless you want to see the loading screens and cutscenes.

Also, I haven't touched my SOCOM II save files since 2005, damn.
So I don't see any graphics issues in the latest GIt, so you'll only need SW for seeing loading screens and cutscenes.

Bump up both the EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing hacks one notch. Also use MTVU. You can also use the hardware renderer ingame for improved graphics. You should be able to get 3-4x native on it without any issue.

Also, what GSDX are you using, it's not the one that comes with the git builds.
Pages: 1 2