..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GREAT READ:Making developers more productive — the Dolphin development infrastructure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@neo: Not about to do a massive quote fapfest since it just makes it a pain to read, but in response to what you said; I'm not sure who you even are, but I guess you assumed that I was referring to you in particular? Most of what I said in my post was aimed at the guy in that reddit comment thread who kept spamming the post with a bunch of inane childish nonsense, which hilariously he was called out for by numerous people. Unless that was you (and it doesn't appear to be because your posting style isn't like his) then you have nothing to really worry about (at least from me) and can thus carry on.
(01-30-2015, 07:27 PM)NarooN Wrote: [ -> ]@neo: Not about to do a massive quote fapfest since it just makes it a pain to read, but in response to what you said; I'm not sure who you even are, but I guess you assumed that I was referring to you in particular? Most of what I said in my post was aimed at the guy in that reddit comment thread who kept spamming the post with a bunch of inane childish nonsense, which hilariously he was called out for by numerous people. Unless that was you (and it doesn't appear to be because your posting style isn't like his) then you have nothing to really worry about (at least from me) and can thus carry on.

Heh, the only link to reddit that I saw was the one to my post (which was a reply, not the OP of the reddit thread), hence I assumed the outcry was about me. Either way, thanks for clearring it up Smile
(01-30-2015, 07:07 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]The #pcsx2 channel is pretty much dead, and #pcsx2dev is dead unless there is active discussion and work happening.
On the forums we usually get around 15 new support threads a day, plus countless, countless threads and post in Off topic.

yeah, it's pretty active here. The IRC is completely dead and unused.
(01-30-2015, 07:41 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, it's pretty active here. The IRC is completely dead and unused.
I guess you're hanging out in the wrong IRC chan. The ones that I lurk in are reasonable active.
(01-30-2015, 07:44 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you're hanging out in the wrong IRC chan. The ones that I lurk in are reasonable active.

If you mean #pcsx2 and #pcsx2dev - never when I come on.

Of course that could just mean everyone was talking about how amazing I am and got quiet when I showed up Ninja
(01-30-2015, 12:49 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't know. It's not been long since I wrote this which basically brings everything up to date.

Yeah but like I said, I'd like to see entire articles dedicated to one or two features, even if it's stuff that's been covered before. Just so that we have more content + articles to point people to. Or hey, how about we make one MASSIVE write up which spotlights all of the note-worthy features of PCSX2 and make it an 'About' page on the website? So that way people that come to PCSX2.net for the first time have something to click on that gives them more information about PCSX2 and what it can do.

Speaking of which, is there a way to make it so that Lilypad picks up your controller even if you turn it on after emulation of the game has started like Dolphin does?

(01-30-2015, 02:12 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It's amazing that each time a thread pops up about PCSX2 development some Dolphin devs appear out of nowhere, take it to reddit/other social media crap and start their usual work. Really amazing, I mean don't you guys have anything better to do? Tongue

I admit in this case they didn't come out of nowhere, they came because I linked to their blog post, so it was probably showing up in their stat tracker that they were getting a lot of referral visits from this forum thread so they probably wanted to see what that was about.

(01-30-2015, 02:12 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]What people have to understand is that we are running a project with 2-3 active members, so these people have to moderate the forum (with other mod help but still some administration required), keep the site and server updated, test regressions, check github and code stuff. If people think that with this manpower we can afford to make monthly reports or anything like that, they really don't know what it's like to be a 3 people team Tongue

You know for some reason I hadn't thought of it that way. It's true what you say, it seems kind of hard for such a small team to concentrate on write ups when they have better things to do. Now I understand. Smile

But see if we could have someone like Blyss Sarania, who's knowledgeable about most of PCSX2's features, do some write ups and have you guys post them, would that be acceptable? Laugh

@neobrain: Thanks for coming back in this thread and speaking your mind again. I appreciate the way you word your posts and keep your composure even when it looks like you're being ***** on by someone else (i.e. when you thought NarooN's comments were about you) and I can clearly see that you have an interest in seeing PS2 emulation (and PCSX2 itself) succeed. If you didn't have an interest, you wouldn't be taking time out of your life to come in here and post your thoughts and suggestions.

So thank you!
We could update some of Air's old blogposts from 2009 and post them on the main site.
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw avih mention them.
(01-30-2015, 10:16 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yeah but like I said, I'd like to see entire articles dedicated to one or two features, even if it's stuff that's been covered before. Just so that we have more content + articles to point people to. Or hey, how about we make one MASSIVE write up which spotlights all of the note-worthy features of PCSX2 and make it an 'About' page on the website? So that way people that come to PCSX2.net for the first time have something to click on that gives them more information about PCSX2 and what it can do.

2. Speaking of which, is there a way to make it so that Lilypad picks up your controller even if you turn it on after emulation of the game has started like Dolphin does?

3. But see if we could have someone like Blyss Sarania, who's knowledgeable about most of PCSX2's features, do some write ups and have you guys post them, would that be acceptable? Laugh

(I added numbers to your post for more sanity in replying Tongue2)

1 - Not a bad idea. I'm willing to write it if people want me to.

2 - It does(at least for Xinput devices) for a few months now. That's mentioned in that article I linked.

3 - Sure I know about the features, but not a sufficient amount about the internal workings. But I mean we've got upscaling, save states... basically normal emulator stuff. What "features" would we write about that set us apart?
1. I want you to Laugh

2. Oops, I was thinking of this the other way around. It's Dolphin that doesn't support hot-plugging once emulation of the game has started. Sorry haha. I guess because of the way you said it in the article (forgetting to turn on/plug in controller before starting PCSX2 as opposed to before starting a game in PCSX2) it threw me off and got me thinking it was Dolphin that had in-game hot-plugging support.

3. Well it doesn't have to be things that set us apart (although that's a great idea, to concentrate on those), it could just be things we do really well or things you think people don't know about. Like compressed image support, support for arbitrary resolutions when upscaling and Async audio for when you can't keep 60FPS. I don't know, I'm grasping at straws here lol. Maybe venture into explaining things like the concept behind how and why EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing work as speedhacks?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16