..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Trouble with Valkyrie profile Silmeria (emulated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I got stuck in Valkyrie Profile Silmeria in a jump in surt´s volcano. The character does no jump high enough in the emulator. In the ps2 she jumps perfectly but in the emulator, the jump is a bit shorter. Does someone else have trouble with this jump? Can someone tell me how to fix the jump in the emulated version please.

(I already tried using a gamepad and the keyboard and toggeling with the sensitivity options.)
Might be a bug, try loading the save from the memory card rather than loading from your save states.
I'm assuming you are back to using your legally made ISO then.

I have never heard of this problem before, where specifically are you not jumping high enough?
Hi, yes I ripped the iso (correctly this time) from my original game. Everything was great until I came up to a place where the character needed to jump to exit the dungeon. Since it cant (cant progress in the game), I tried variations (from start of dungeon/from last game save/using keyboard/gamepad).

I saw on youtube someone else who came upon with this very problem, in wich case the game was emulated too.

The place is in Surt´s Volcano, right after defeating the dungeon boss, after the cutscene the character has to jump from where the lava river was to the ledge. (pic)

I replayed various times the original in my ps2 and never encountered this problem.

Thanks in advance.
update your pcsx2 to the latest version from here.
Yeah if it's not up to date, do that. I would actually get the very very latest from http://buildbot.orhpis.net
or just get the stable version.
We told you to update in your last thread, you answered you did, but you're still using a 1.1.0 beta version. We don't support this
I updated to the 1.3.1. and it works perfectly now! The jump went back to normal. THANKS EVERYONE!!! Biggrin
Apparently it was a problem with the older version I had. (I thought I had already installed the latest version).