..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Radiata Stories graphics help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys. just want to ask whats the best GS for radiata stories. i'm currently using pcsx2 1.2.1

these are the specs of my computer

processor: AMD A4-5300 APU with™ HD Graphics (2CPus), ~3.40GHz
Installed memory: 4.00 (3.20 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system

can someone send me of a picture of the correct emulation settings? also the plugin settings Sad
Okay, I'll try and help you here.

For Plugins, go to Config -> Plugin/Bios Selector

For GS make sure it's GSdx32-SSE4-R5875, if you're using 1.2.1 it'll be named just that.

Next, go to Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings; Change Renderer to Direct3D 11/10 (Hardware), Tick the Native Box next to Original PS2 Resolution, Enable Shade Boost, FXAA or FX Shader if you want. Leave Texture Filtering to a Box Check (Blue box), Allow 8-bit Textures should be off, same with HW Hacks and Anisotropic Filtering. In the Software Mode Settings set Extra Rendering Threads to 1 and Enable Edge Anti-aliasing if you desire.

Finally go to Config -> Emulation Settings -> Speedhacks tab; Enable Speed Hacks if it's not already, make sure EE Cyclerate is left at 1 (most left), make sure VU Cyclestealing is left at 0 (most left). Enable INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop Detection and Enable mVU Flag Hack. Do not enable MTVU.
but, it's probably best to check whether MTVU slows down the game (or) not. sometimes, MTVU even benefits some dual core processors.
Thanks for that SSakash, I didn't know if it would be worth it or not.
(03-01-2015, 06:52 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the SSakash, I didn't know if it would be worth it or not.
No prob, you already suggested the best options to the OP. just thought, I should notice him about the MTVU hack. so that, the OP might get some little speedup using it.
Using my Core2Duo I saw a speedup for FFXII using mtvu. I am not completely sure how that works... but whatever
(03-01-2015, 06:44 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I'll try and help you here.

For Plugins, go to Config -> Plugin/Bios Selector

For GS make sure it's GSdx32-SSE4-R5875, if you're using 1.2.1 it'll be named just that.

Next, go to Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings; Change Renderer to Direct3D 11/10 (Hardware), Tick the Native Box next to Original PS2 Resolution, Enable Shade Boost, FXAA or FX Shader if you want. Leave Texture Filtering to a Box Check (Blue box), Allow 8-bit Textures should be off, same with HW Hacks and Anisotropic Filtering. In the Software Mode Settings set Extra Rendering Threads to 1 and Enable Edge Anti-aliasing if you desire.

Finally go to Config -> Emulation Settings -> Speedhacks tab; Enable Speed Hacks if it's not already, make sure EE Cyclerate is left at 1 (most left), make sure VU Cyclestealing is left at 0 (most left). Enable INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop Detection and Enable mVU Flag Hack. Do not enable MTVU.

its still too slow .__.)
What do the ee% & gs % display when it's slow ?
Agreed with Jesalvein, the EE and GS%'s will help us diagnose the issue. The percentages are found when you're not playing in fullscreen mode, they'll be in the Bar. [Image: FCob.png]
(03-01-2015, 04:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]What do the ee% & gs % display when it's slow ?

this are the screen shots of my settings and the when i play.

also this
Pages: 1 2