..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: My PS3 controller is Flashing Red :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Smile so i don't have a real problem with Pcxs2 or my PS3 Controller, but My controller Flashes red on all four of its little lights Sad i can however play emulators fine, it just bugs me that it flashes red on my PC, anyone know how to Fix?

I used - XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller, to make my Ps3 controller work on my PC and have the latest Xbox 360 controller drivers, no real fuss though, but any help would be much appreciated Smile
Just gonna rule out the obvious; Is it fully charged? Usually that's an indicator the battery is running low. Either that or it has trouble syncing up.
its been plugged into my PC for about 4+ hours, so i would assume so, this is my first PS3 controller. If it had Sync problems, would Syncing it solve the red rings of death?
Generally people that had the 4 RROD just reset their controller by pressing the button on the back of it and then attaching it to the PS3 via USB cable, then pressing the Home button to re-sync it.

Though I guess in your case it would have to be done on the PC instead, since otherwise it probably won't work on the PC anymore, but I can't be too sure of that one.
Smile that's all the information i should need to fix it. Thanks for chatting and being very helpful.
I use my PS3 controller for basically everything on my PC (even as a mouse since it broke) and only the first light (on the right side, since that's player one) stays lit. I had that issue before, I think I resolved it by uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.