..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Hot Shots Tennis Missing Assets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(03-13-2015, 06:20 AM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]It may also be a GPU bottleneck , care to give your hardware specs ?

PC Specs:
Alienware M14x R2
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80 GHz x8 HyperThreading
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Integrated Intel Ivy Bridge HD Graphics 4000 / Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Sound: Sound Blaster Recon3Di

I heard that you can also up the amount of threads your CPU uses in hardware mode but I don't know where to change that.
Hardware mode doesn't support Extra threads. ( you can only use the MTVU hack for a third core) and, that I-GPU is definitely a bottleneck in hardware mode. make sure you select the Nvidia geforce GT 650m In video adapter drop down list in gsdx plugin settings.
(03-13-2015, 06:31 AM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]Hardware mode doesn't support Extra threads. ( you can only use the MTVU hack for a third core) and, that I-GPU is definitely a bottleneck in hardware mode. make sure you select the Nvidia geforce GT 650m In video adapter drop down list in gsdx plugin settings.

In the NVIDIA control center I made sure that my GPU works specifically for PCSX2 and in the plugins menu I select the GPU with DirectX 3D11 (Hardware).

Does software mode support extra threads?

What do you mean by bottleneck?
yeah, software mode supports extra rendering threads. you can select them at the software mode settings, which is located at the bottom of the GSDX plugin settings.

bottleneck is taken place where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or small number of components or resources. (In your case, It might have been your IGPU but, looks like it's not a problem now)
(03-13-2015, 06:39 AM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, software mode supports extra rendering threads. you can select them at the software mode settings, which is located at the bottom of the GSDX plugin settings.

bottleneck is taken place where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or small number of components or resources. (In your case, It might have been your IGPU but, looks like it's not a problem now)

I honestly think it's the game because I also play Persona 3 with 5x native and it still runs okay. But even in native, the game struggles.

I also can't see the settings for extra threds in software settings, just anti-aliasing.
what version of pcsx2 are you using ?
Latest SVN
we don't have SVN builds now, only git builds. get the latest one from here.
(03-13-2015, 06:45 AM)GranArcanum Wrote: [ -> ]I also can't see the settings for extra threds in software settings, just anti-aliasing.

You didn't find this?
(03-13-2015, 06:53 AM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]we don't have SVN builds now, only git builds. get the latest one from here.

Oh I'm sorry. That's what I meant. The latest built from git.

(03-13-2015, 06:54 AM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't find this?

*facepalm*

Please forgive me. I see it now.

It goes up to 16x?! I put it to that but I think my CPU only does 8 threads because hyperthreading.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7