..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Sly 3 - Episode 5 Bentley Bombs Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all on the forums,
I'm needing someone help with a glitch I've encountered whilst playing Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves. I'm on Episode 5 of the game and doing the mission where Bentley and Penelope have to break into LeePwee's castle to steal the map. Everything was going fine until I needed to use the Grapple-Cam to get Penelope back to safe. For some reason, every-time I through one out, and toggle to go into First-Person Mode on it, it instantly self-destructs. Another thing I've noticed is that his bombs have stopped doing damage except for when you use the auto-destructing Grapple-Cam. Anyone able to help fix this issue, don't want to have to stop playing the game cause of this issue.

My Detail for system set-up are:
Hardware: CPU - i7 2500k (Overclocked to 4.5GHz), GPU - Nvidia GTX 780, Memory: 8GB 1600Mhz, OS: Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 1
PCSX2 Version - PCSX2 1.2.1 GSdx 5875 (MSVC 18.00) 0.1.16
Settings: Clean Install, running using hardware mode, same issue in software mode so please don't suggest F9, Automatic GameFixes both test as one and off with same issue.
Game: Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves PAL ISO

Any help is appreciated and thanks given.
Tried setting clamping mode to extra and/or round mode to realistic ?
(03-08-2015, 01:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Tried setting clamping mode to extra and/or round mode to realistic ?

These setting are in the EE/IOP tab right for Emulation Settings, I've Clamping Mode to Extra + Preserve Sign and Round Mode to Chop/Zero, still not working. Realistic is Chop/Zero right? Or is it either Nearest, Negative or Positive?
I'm not in front of my computer, but I think it's nearest
please provide full emulog after you observed the problem
(03-08-2015, 01:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not in front of my computer, but I think it's nearest

Right, figured out what the issue was. I was changing the Rounding and Clamping settings in the EE/IOP tab when it should of been in the VUs table for Emulations settings. Got it set now for Nearest on Round Mode and Extra on Clamping Mode and it appears to be working now.

Thanks for your help on this.
(03-08-2015, 01:48 AM)EvilScotsman12 Wrote: [ -> ]Right, figured out what the issue was. I was changing the Rounding and Clamping settings in the EE/IOP tab when it should of been in the VUs table for Emulations settings. Got it set now for Nearest on Round Mode and Extra on Clamping Mode and it appears to be working now.

Thanks for your help on this.

i just registered here to say you thanks. I was so scared because i had the same problem i i had been looking for a solution for hours but thanks to you now i can keep playing one of my favourite games. Thank you very much !!
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.