..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow Hearts YouTube video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(03-30-2015, 06:10 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet, thanks. While you're at it, add Compat = 5 to FFXII Collector's Edition. It's SLUS-21475.

Yeah, sure. I will add it Smile
They are quite easy to add, there is one I'd like to add myself but they still seem to want to fix it "the right way."
@blyss
Why is the "switch to software mode on fmv" not used in any of the game as automatic game fixes ?
Beats me. Maybe it didn't exist the last time the gameindex.dbf was seriously updated?

Anyway it's a plaintext file and it has explanations in it for editing, thus it's quite easy to edit.

Edit: Oh also that Gamefix has a glitch - if you are already in software it will switch to hardware on FMV. It's just a toggle, it doesn't check. Maybe that's why.
Maybe we should fix that bug then
It should be as easy as something like:

Code:
if (softwaremode == 0 && FMVhack == 1) {
togglerendermode
}

Or whatever the vars are called.
I don't think it's that simple. without any comments, it's hard to identify which var does what function.

Code:
static __fi bool ipuVDEC(u32 val)
{
if (EmuConfig.Gamefixes.FMVinSoftwareHack) {
static int count = 0;
if (count++ > 5) {
if (FMVstarted == 0) {
EnableFMV = 1;
FMVstarted = 1;
}
count = 0;
}
eecount_on_last_vdec = cpuRegs.cycle;
}

I can't even find out where the render toggle get's Initialized. Tongue2
(03-30-2015, 06:05 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]The variable for the gamefix is FMVinSoftwareHack according to the config header file. I'll try sending a PR and hope it works, nobbs also asked me to add the hack for kingdom hearts, It's worth a try.

btw, the Goemon fix is not defined but, it's used for the game.

You should never make a PR without first testing it and confirming it works 100%, you've been told that before. Please refrain from making PRs without first testing if they work
(03-31-2015, 02:23 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You should never make a PR without first testing it and confirming it works 100%, you've been told that before. Please refrain from making PRs without first testing if they work

Would it be OK if we asked the community to help test some of our changes? Say down the road I were to do some work on the VPU's to fix games that throw out VIF errors or hang up on the VU interpreters. Since I don't have almost 4000 games to test and I also don't have the time to test them all, would it be OK if I made a thread asking for people to bug test before I made a PR?
Sure but do keep in mind random people are not very good testers, you might get confusing feedback which will be more of a trouble than help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6