..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow Hearts YouTube video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(03-31-2015, 02:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Sure but do keep in mind random people are not very good testers, you might get confusing feedback which will be more of a trouble than help

Ok, I'll keep that in mind, since I do want to work on coding this summer
(03-31-2015, 02:23 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You should never make a PR without first testing it and confirming it works 100%, you've been told that before. Please refrain from making PRs without first testing if they work

actually, I couldn't test the compiled build since, I didn't have the game. I asked other forum members for the test and they have confirmed the certain Gamefix works so, I don't see what's wrong in sending the PR then. also, the commit is quite trivial.

if you mean the previous Digimon CRC hack, I tested it myself. and sent the PR. but, avih thought that it wouldn't compile and said to cross check before sending the PR but, it did compile. avih himself stated it at the PR. It was just a misunderstanding.

However, Hereafter I would certainly check them and make sure it works and send the PR. Thanks for the advice Smile
(03-30-2015, 08:12 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Oh also that Gamefix has a glitch - if you are already in software it will switch to hardware on FMV. It's just a toggle, it doesn't check. Maybe that's why.

It doesn't seem to be a toggle. ssakash just had me test it by adding the 'FMVinSoftwareHack = 1' line to GameIndex.dbf and it worked just as expected, including not switching me to hardware mode if I was already in software mode. Laugh
(04-01-2015, 06:06 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't seem to be a toggle. ssakash just had me test it by adding the 'FMVinSoftwareHack = 1' line to GameIndex.dbf and it worked just as expected, including not switching me to hardware mode if I was already in software mode. Laugh

I explained that wrong... I think.

It's not exactly as I said.

The toggle is the OFF part.

Try it like this:

Gamefix on, in hardware mode.

FMV plays, it goes to software mode.

Now manually push F9 to change to hardware during the FMV.

Now when the FMV ends, the switch will switch back to software instead of remaining on HW.

It's an isolated case(Why would you do that? Well for me it was just testing stuff) which is why I never reported.
I tried your scenario and what seems to be happening to me is that while an FMV is playing, the fix won't let me go into hardware mode at all. O_O Can someone try to recreate?

EDIT: Either way, no one should be doing that. I see no problem in including this game fix in GameIndex.rtf. When will ssakash's PR be approved so that I can add the FMV flicker issue to the resolved issues part of the wiki article?

EDIT #2: Speaking of PRs, could someone PR the UI portion in the Game Fixes tab where it says 'Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays' ? It should be 'an' instead of 'a'
@Edit #2 - that has been bothering me for a long time lol. I'll do it here in a sec.

Let me try to recreate that issue also, It was definitely happening for me in Grandia 3 a few months back. But that was with the MANUAL gamefix. It may be with the auto one, it overrides it somehow so you can't cause the issue.
(04-01-2015, 10:42 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]@Edit #2 - that has been bothering me for a long time lol. I'll do it here in a sec.

Let me try to recreate that issue also, It was definitely happening for me in Grandia 3 a few months back. But that was with the MANUAL gamefix. It may be with the auto one, it overrides it somehow so you can't cause the issue.

Oh OK, gotcha. You might be right. Let me try it by turning it on manually via the UI.

EDIT: Nope, it's not letting me switch back to hardware mode. It stays in software mode no matter how many times I mash F9.
Yeah I can definitely do it with the manual gamefix. Here is my emulog when I do it:

Code:
Recovering single plugin: GS
    Opening GS
        Forced software switch enabled.        <- Manual gamefix switches to software.
        Vsync temporarily disabled
    Loading GS
Suspending single plugin: GS
    Saving GS
    Closing GS
    Opening GS
    Loading GS
Suspending single plugin: GS <- F9 pressed, switched to hardware
    Saving GS
    Closing GS
    Opening GS
        Forced software switch enabled. <- Still in hardware, but forced back to software on FMV end.
        Vsync temporarily disabled
    Loading GS

Also made the typo PR https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/489

(04-01-2015, 10:43 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]Oh OK, gotcha. You might be right. Let me try it by turning it on manually via the UI.

EDIT: Nope, it's not letting me switch back to hardware mode. It stays in software mode no matter how many times I mash F9.

I can make a video of it lol.

But either way it's such an asinine case, I don't think it's that important.
Which version of PCSX2 are you using? I was using one of the 1.3.1 dev builds and in my emuLog I see lines that read 'FMV on' and 'FMV off'
I see FMV ON, I just didn't copy that part.

I only see FMV OFF if I leave it alone. If I push F9 in the middle, I don't see it.

1.3.0 build from Feb 5 from buildbot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6