..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance [PAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has the half screen being shown only issue been fixed? Would fix a fair few games all in one hit if it is
Sorry for the bump but is there anymore information on this game?
Nope. If there is the bug will be reported as closed.
Try an SVN release, granted still slow and bad GFX but "Champions of Norrath" (which is made by same company) is playable until the forest so chances are BGDA will work better (no having to be trigger happy).
As stated in the commit log "Fixes Snowblind's games (BG Dark Alliance etc.)" r5404 works well in software mode. Hardware mode still has the half screen issue.

Is gabest the only one who could fix his plugin?
hey... don't count sudonim down......
(09-07-2012, 02:59 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]hey... don't count sudonim down......

Sorry that wasn't my intention I was just refering to this super old post stating "gsdx fault, so not really our concern." I know this situation changed a while ago.

Anyway is it known what these half screen issues in some games are caused by?
Well most of the issues are fixed now. You'll have to apply a Large Address Aware patch to .exe if you want to get rid of the "out of memory" glitches. After that the only bug is the half screen problem. Hopefully someone can fix that which would fix 3 or 4 games at once (all of the snowblind engine games).
(09-07-2012, 10:58 PM)invisghost Wrote: [ -> ]Well most of the issues are fixed now. You'll have to apply a Large Address Aware patch to .exe if you want to get rid of the "out of memory" glitches. After that the only bug is the half screen problem. Hopefully someone can fix that which would fix 3 or 4 games at once (all of the snowblind engine games).

Hi, I tried playing BG:DA today from a disc and I am still having some problems. First of all how do you go about to apply a large adress aware patch to the .exe? Secondly, Im still having issues with the screen locking up while using both software (dx11) and hardware emulation. What are the recommended plugins and plugin settings?

My pc specs (which I assume should be enough):

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz (Quad),
4 GB RAM, 64-bit Windows 7,
Radeon HD6800 1GB.

I get that EE reaches 100% when the program gets stuck, what does EE mean in the top of the window?

Thanks for your help
EE means "most of the emulator" essentially everything but the GS, unless you have the MTVU hack on, then it's everything except VU1 and the GS. The long and short of it means you are CPU limited.
Pages: 1 2 3