..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PC port resolution VS PCSX2 resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something that I always wondered was how comparible resolution is between an emulator and a PC port.

For this purpose, let's take an example of, say, Max Payne PC vs Max Payne on PCSX2. Let's say that Max Payne PC is running at 1280x1024 resolution with 4x AA. How would the jaggies compare to Max Payne on PCSX2 with 1280x1024 resolution with an internal resolution of 2048x2048 and 4x Anti-aliasing. If necessary, feel free to raise the internal resolution if that would help but I've heard anything past that is unnoticable.

If you've experimented with another game and have something to share then please do. I was just using this game as an example. I'm really asking this for all games that were ported to PC. I mean, I wouldn't think that the information for these models would come from nowhere but still I'd like to know how comparible it is.
Max Payne was a PSX2 port? I kinda doubt that.
Never played it but AFAIR it originated on the PC platform.
At least it ain't a port in the sense that a an existing game on a platform A
was ported to platform B. And that's the actual meaning of a " port".
What are you talking about? I can't understand a word you said.

But, to clarify, Max Payne was ported to the PS2... and PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator.