..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Diagonal Input issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, so I've been having this issue where my diagonal input isn't fully registered or something. I've only seen this in Kingdom Hearts when moving around; Sora will run normally when pushing the left thumbstick all the way U/D/L/R but any of the diagonals reduces him to a walk.. I'm unsure as to whether this is intentional and part of the game or if something's up on my end

Using a normal USB Xbox Controller and PCSX2-v1.3.1-58; have used both the Lilypad and Xpad plugins and both get me the same result

Also, and unrelated to the issue above, but my copy of PCSX2 will outright crash when using the "Shutdown" option which leads me to completely exit the emulator to change settings/ISOs/disks (unless I don't need to shutdown to do that). None of the main PCSX2 settings have been touched at all
(03-29-2015, 06:40 AM)TehGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm unsure as to whether this is intentional and part of the game or if something's up on my end
you can check that by playing the specific game through the PS2 console.
It's not part of the game.

Change the deadzone in lilypad.
(03-29-2015, 06:59 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]It's not part of the game.

Change the deadzone in lilypad.

That was one of the things I had tried at first (after assuming using my Dolphin deadzone settings would probably work), but I suppose I'll go back again and try to fine-tune it

Quote:you can check that by playing the specific game through the PS2 console.

I suppose I could, but that's a bit difficult when I'm at my uni and my console is back at home Tongue2
Set deadzones all the way down to 0, problem still persists.. Would having assigned the controls via XINPUT instead of DirectInput cause something like this?
(03-29-2015, 06:40 AM)TehGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Right, so I've been having this issue where my diagonal input isn't fully registered or something. I've only seen this in Kingdom Hearts when moving around; Sora will run normally when pushing the left thumbstick all the way U/D/L/R but any of the diagonals reduces him to a walk.. I'm unsure as to whether this is intentional and part of the game or if something's up on my end

Using a normal USB Xbox Controller and PCSX2-v1.3.1-58; have used both the Lilypad and Xpad plugins and both get me the same result

Also, and unrelated to the issue above, but my copy of PCSX2 will outright crash when using the "Shutdown" option which leads me to completely exit the emulator to change settings/ISOs/disks (unless I don't need to shutdown to do that). None of the main PCSX2 settings have been touched at all

Set the Sensitivity for the L-Stick (U/D/L/R) to 1.381 and then try again.
(03-29-2015, 09:20 AM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]Set the Sensitivity for the L-Stick (U/D/L/R) to 1.381 and then try again.

Ah, that appears to have fixed it; thanks man!