..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSX compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(04-02-2015, 11:34 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]So that basically leaves the IOP timing and GTE as issues.

Possibly just the IOP. The GTE might be fine if it's just emulated on the EE or VU.
True. I wasn't thinking there.
(04-02-2015, 09:42 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Oh also, PCSX2 is much closer to booting PSX games than you think.

Right now there is a part in the CDVD reader that outright rejects PSX games.

That can be bypassed by building and using a debug build.

Interesting that it can play sound now, don't remember it doing that last time I tested.
(04-03-2015, 06:09 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: [ -> ]That can be bypassed by building and using a debug build.

Interesting that it can play sound now, don't remember it doing that last time I tested.

Yeah, Blyss and I both have builds that can load PSX games

For the sound to play you have to ignore the assertion.
(04-03-2015, 06:09 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: [ -> ]That can be bypassed by building and using a debug build.

Or just setting ENABLE_LOADING_PSX_GAMES to 1 in config.h

(04-03-2015, 06:17 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]For the sound to play you have to ignore the assertion.

Or use IOP interpreter.
Have we figured out if the PS1's graphics output on the PS2 is emulated via EE or done in GS?
I don't know.

On one hand software emulation of the GPU on EE seems iffy(speed wise). On the other hand, the GS is not much like the PSX GPU. That's why I can't be sure.
(04-03-2015, 06:54 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know.

On one hand software emulation of the GPU on EE seems iffy(speed wise). On the other hand, the GS is not much like the PSX GPU. That's why I can't be sure.

Well, once we get even a simple game running, we could figure out the true values of the EE and GS.
Well not even tech demos and crap will run since we are hanging during the PSX BIOS, unfortunately.

I expect if we get past that then some games will do stuff.
(04-02-2015, 04:17 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]We're working on fixing a memory leak, but we will post the new build soon.
Wow this is great stuff, who knows PCSX2 might go onto become the most accurate PSone emulator out there!

Edit: Should've read the entire thread first. =(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8