..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX HD Remaster port to PCSX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be possible to modify the original FFX ISO with the FFX HD Remaster models/textures/audio? The Remaster is seriously gorgeous but I'd like to stream it for some friends. I imagine this would be a simple procedure, a matter of opening both iso's and simply replace a couple files. Or is the HD Remaster ISO so similar to the original PS2 iso that we could boot it up in PCSX2 ?
(04-03-2015, 07:16 PM)lateralus Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to modify the original FFX ISO with the FFX HD Remaster models/textures/audio? The Remaster is seriously gorgeous but I'd like to stream it for some friends. I imagine this would be a simple procedure, a matter of opening both iso's and simply replace a couple files. Or is the HD Remaster ISO so similar to the original PS2 iso that we could boot it up in PCSX2 ?

Not. Even. Close.

Most HD remasters use a completely different engine. Consequently, it makes it harder to convert textures to a more usable format.

To put it simply, you'd be better off making a PC port of it rather than trying to mod the ISO.
It's called using x4 native resolution. It actually looks better than the HD Remaster I feel.
It's not simple like that. You can read ROM hacking for more details.

(04-03-2015, 09:41 PM)xenoriddley Wrote: [ -> ]It's called using x4 native resolution. It actually looks better than the HD Remaster I feel.

He wants to replace the models, textures, soundtrack, etc.
The new soundtrack blows anyway. I prefer the old one. They ruined Zanarkand's theme, etc.
I wasn't asking for opinions, I was simply asking about the process by which to accomplish something of this nature, but I appreciate the free bumps.
My friend told me this before. Not sure if it's a quote, or just something intelligent.

"Everything looks simple when you don't understand what's involved."

This is not a simple. There are so many reasons why it's not simple that it's really hard to explain.
You will most likely need to modify the game code as well. You can't just replace the assets.