..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall Windows. Before I did, I backed all my PCSX2 stuff up, and then moved it back to it's original location after Windows was installed. Now when I try and load a save state (Trying to play Rogue Galaxy), PCSX2 simply crashes everytime. It also can't find my save files (Memory cards). I'm not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

PCSX2 version 1.3.1
Windows 10
Intel Core 17 4970k
Nvidia 970
16 GBs DDR3 RAM
did you reinstall pcsx2 or just copy/paste its main folder ?
How do you know you saved everything if you don't know where the memcards are ?
If you had made a reinstall of windows, you are probably missing DirectX and Visual C++ 2013 (x86) . It leads to instant crash If, the files are not present. sorry, a overlook in my part Tongue2
(04-04-2015, 05:30 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]If you had made a reinstall of windows, you are probably missing DirectX and Visual C++ 2013 (x86) . It leads to instant crash If, the files are not present.

He said it happens when loading a Save State. This indicates that he already got passed the requirements of needing VC2013. Without DX9 and VC2013++ he wouldn't be able to run PCSX2 at all, which is not the case.

As for the Memory Card files, are you sure you made the correct backup of them? Check the content of the Memory Card files with myMC.
I would say first you used the portable/development version and now you have installed the full installer. Therefore the old path to the memcard doesn't work. Or you never backed up your memcards (as jesalvein is suggesting)

Have you changed the windows version? eg Win7->win8 or Win8(32bit)->Win8(64bit)