..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: game run slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all
i already install the pcsx2 emulator and im trying to play street fighter alpha anthology but its running very slowww, i play around with the settings but still no luck still very slow, can you help???
my specs are:
Processor: Intel ® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30Ghz
Gpu: Intel Hd Graphics 3000
Memory: 4 GB
System: 64-bit operating system
Probably whats wrong is my computer, cause it lacks of a more powerfull video card or something, but i want to be sure of that to buy another laptop if thats the case
thanks
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU: Intel ® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30Ghz
Gpu: Intel Hd Graphics 3000
Memory: 4 GB
System: 64-bit operating system

PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 compiled feb 3 2014

Settings on the game are default, i mean i havent change anything yet, i just install the emulator again.

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (USA)

is that enough info? let me know Smile
what are your EE and GS values during slowdowns ?
I really don't think that i5 can handle that game. I'd be surprised if the HD Graphics 3000 are bottlenecking it.
That i5 processor has a single thread performance of 1328 , it may run the game decently well with couple of speed hacks. we really can't say that the processor in incapable of playing the game without taking a look at the load used on the Emotion Engine.
(04-16-2015, 04:27 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]That i5 processor has a single thread performance of 1328 , it may run the game decently well with couple of speed hacks. we really can't say that the processor in incapable of playing the game without taking a look at the load used on the Emotion Engine.

Eeeehhh, you got a point. But still, there is a possibility of thermal throttling.
(04-16-2015, 04:28 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: [ -> ]there is a possibility of thermal throttling.

Yes, that might be one of the possibilities on why the OP got a lower performance with the processor. so, it's best to wait till the end and draw the conclusion. Smile
Make sure you have the laptop pluged in and using max performance power profile
(04-16-2015, 07:25 AM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]what are your EE and GS values during slowdowns ?

i included screen shots of the settings, i havent mess with them, cause im not very familiar with this program..

Hope it helps, let me know...
Pages: 1 2