..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: This enough to run most games full speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright my friends been trying to get me to play this one PS2 game (Shadow of Coluses) but my PS2 is long dead. Last time i tried a PS2 game it was on a core 2 duo @ 2.56 ghz about a year ago and i didnt get 60fps no matter what i did. I was wondering if this system could run full speed? (Note i now there old but im 15 and i dont have the money to upgrade and i cant risk overclocking a cpu that already runs hot)
The system is:

Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5GHZ
4GB PNY Optima 667MHZ DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750TI 2GB MSI Gaming OC
Creative Labs Soundblaster X-FI Go! Pro
1782 x 992 Main LCD
1280x1024 Secondary CRT
2x Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joysticks with Twist and 8 Way Hatch
Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel
Unfortunately SotC is one of the more demanding games and your cpu is more on the weaker side. You can get some fps - some more with overclocking - but I would probably not call that playable.

You are probably only able to play the least demanding games at full speed.
i assume GT4 LOTR the third age and MX vS ATV all fall into the category of unplayable?
Racing games are as well very demanding.

LOTR might work depending on your demands. I played it on a similar rig but observed some slowdowns.
Are these FPS Calculations without with out the MultiCore REcommended options and Speed Hacks?
yes, I think so. you would have to overclock your processor to a fairly good clock speed to get at least something like 30+ fps on most scenes.
With your rig you need to activate most speedhacks. (probably not the vu cycle steal slider - unsure about mtvu). And overclocking helps a lot if you have a base clock of 2.5GHz. Still you will get some slowdowns. It was playable for me and it depends on your demands.