..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: impossible blend => please read this thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Indeed huge speed hit Wacko
Rule of rose accurate blend 2 : 56-57 FPS, accurate blend 1: 111-115 FPS
is there no not-so-accurate but close alternative without a huge speedhit?
Honestly I think, it would be even worse for a high polygon game (like sotc). I guess the game is fairly basic.

On speed possibility:
1/ First you can improve current code to avoid to draw triangle by triangle. We need to check overlap of primitives.
2/ Don't use ultra_accurate blending when alpha is guarantee to be smaller than 1 (i.e. when it is used a fix coefficient smaller than 1, or the alpha coeff is 0).
3/ Investigate new (nvidia) GPU extension
4/ Investigate OIT (render the scene in 2 step with various atomic fifo and sort the colors). It is quite complex to code so not nice.
However for heavy draw call it would be faster.

Current implement was a quick (2 lines of codes Tongue2 ) solution to detect rendering issue.

1 & 3/ will help others accurate_* options.
2/ easy to do, likely not enough but it is free ^^
I gahtering

Accurate_blend
Accurate_data
Accurate_color_clip

Do exactly what there names say?? would be nice if there was some tool tip that say what they actual where for
There are tooltips in linux.
(06-03-2015, 08:39 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]There are tooltips in linux.

those tips didnt carry over to windows builds then, as far i can tell there is no tool tips for anything in GSDX main window on windows build, but i know what texture filtering and allow 8bit textures and AF does. should i open an issue for it git?
SotC test (4GHz haswell)

normal => 187 fps

Ultra accurate mode => 34 fps

I was expected a much much lower results.
But it works, so that's a good start!
Doing the "2" option to avoid the extra work should be next.
Yes. At least it can help to sort GSdx issue.

I implemented the option 2 but I guess I forgot to push it. Anyway it doesn't really help on sotc. I'm a bit surprised, I need to double check my code.

Otherwise I guess I need to implement the part1. I hope it will yield better result.

For item3, I'm waiting new 16 nm card with stacked memory to change my GPU.
I pushed the item2. Please give it a shot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13