..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ffxii visual glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some years ago, a very similar error appeared on my screen during demanding 3D games. A few month later my GPU died.
Those errors never came back with my new GPU.
SPS can be caused by fault graphics cards, however its an extremely common thing in playstation 2 emulation, especially when you have clamping disabled.
okay, sorry i fell asleep but thank you guys for responding anyway. in order. i do have a translation patch applied. i did not try it without the translation patch. those HW hacks are turns on because i was having problems with graphical errors before and these hacks fixed those errors so i do indeed need them on. refraction was correct it was a clamping issue after playing around some i discovered that it was the VU clamping that was causing the error, i turned that back on left the ee/iop clamping off, everything seems fine so far. hopefully silversonic and refraction arent right i cant afford a new gpu lol. anyway long story short it seems to be working properly. i made it all the way through barheim passage with no reoccurences.
Good Smile I didn't think it was your GPU, I was more pointing out that although sometimes that can be a symptom of a dying card, it's also very common with PS2 emulation and is much more likely to be a problem with the emulator than your card, especially if that's the only place it's happening Tongue
well thank you again refraction. i can finally play again without being constantly annoyed by graphical errors. odd that it only happens in this area tho
It depends how it's rendered, if any "tricks" are used to make it faster and so forth, it will probably crop up a few times during play, but it is best to keep the clamping to normal if possible.
(05-12-2015, 06:09 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]but it is best to keep the clamping to normal if possible.
Question:-

Why was it chosen as the default one ? there are many games where different clamping modes help. also, the PS2 Floats have a higher range of valid combination of values, is there a specific reason on using the normal mode as the default one ?

(05-12-2015, 06:20 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Normal is the default, if you read his post he said it's all default except the clamping which he set to none Tongue

I was actually asking it in a general point of view on it's decision on default status rather than referring to the thread's problem. Tongue2
Normal is the default, if you read his post he said it's all default except the clamping which he set to none Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3