..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Memory card consistency problems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
All the blue ones work thou... But some that was blue has turned black after being moved between HDDs. Could that be related to the corruption?

Should also mention that I disable the compression on a system level on all my systems. I'm puristic about the weirdest things Laugh
Well it would be normal for them to go from blue to black when moving, since NTFS compression happens at file system level(compare to e.g. ZIP which happens at the data level). But my inkling is that it has something to do with the NTFS compression and moving the files. As I said, we had another guy with a similar issue. I need to make some tests to see if I can reproduce it, and if so make a bug report.
(05-14-2015, 02:08 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Well it would be normal for them to go from blue to black when moving, since NTFS compression happens at file system level(compare to e.g. ZIP which happens at the data level). But my inkling is that it has something to do with the NTFS compression and moving the files. As I said, we had another guy with a similar issue. I need to make some tests to see if I can reproduce it, and if so make a bug report.

Tell me if there is anything I can do to help ^_^

I thought this was a common issue, actually. Since it's been present in all my years as a PCSX2 user.
(05-14-2015, 02:08 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Well it would be normal for them to go from blue to black when moving, since NTFS compression happens at file system level(compare to e.g. ZIP which happens at the data level). But my inkling is that it has something to do with the NTFS compression and moving the files. As I said, we had another guy with a similar issue. I need to make some tests to see if I can reproduce it, and if so make a bug report.

I think i've seen this issue myself when I tried importing a save into a memory card for someone a while back.
Well one thing you can do is try to reproduce it yourself. Take a good, working card and BACK IT UP. Then move it to an external/usb and back and see if it corrupts. If not, then enable NTFS compression on it, try again, and see if it corrupts. If you can reproduce it that way that would help greatly.
Is it possible for saves to disappear from a memory card image?

Unable to reproduce so far, I'll just do with the test files like I do with all my memory card files, leave them on a external hdd with periodical mass file transfers and see if it does something. I know it has happened recently since I lost most of my saves from version 1.0.0

EDIT:
I had totally forgotten I have a lot of savestates from different games (I usually use them as a backup save system). Are savestates from 1.0 compatible with 1.2?
(05-14-2015, 02:39 AM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]I had totally forgotten I have a lot of savestates from different games (I usually use them as a backup save system). Are savestates from 1.0 compatible with 1.2?

They may be, but usually savestates are not compatible between versions.

However! You can load the savestate in 1.0, then make a save to a good new memcard, then load that memcard in 1.2.1 or whatever.
(05-14-2015, 02:55 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]They may be, but usually savestates are not compatible between versions.

However! You can load the savestate in 1.0, then make a save to a good new memcard, then load that memcard in 1.2.1 or whatever.

I'll try that. Now, to find out what games have which serial numbers >.<
Is there any reason for it telling me that the savestate slot is empty?

I specified the folder it was to be looking in and it just says it's empty, but there is clearly a file in the folder corresponding to the savestate slot and the game serial.

Sorry for double post, but I assume it is okay since I asked a new question and wanted you to be aware of that through notifications, which you wouldn't be if I just edited the message.
You sure it's the right file?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5