..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DX10 XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just got my new 8800 and wanted to ask wheather it is possible and if so what plugin can be used to run gsdx dx10 on xp. I have installed KM Software hack for dx 10 on xp but cant find a way to load gsdx at DX10.
I seriously doubt you can use that hack for gsdx.

If you want to use dx10, install vista...
No you can't, DX10 is a Vista/Windows 7 only feature, so you will have to stick with dx9 gsdx
Im not sure why it is exactly you are linking him anything dx10 related, regardless whether or not he can install a hacked version of dx10 on his XP it WONT work.

DX10 requires the use of the kernel from Vista which is completely different from XP.
(03-20-2009, 04:32 PM)Mooshan Wrote: [ -> ]DX10 requires the use of the kernel from Vista which is completely different from XP.

Oh rly?Laugh

Regardless of that using hacked DX10 which can be used for a few PC games didn't work for me, because it doesn't support required functions.
As long as the gpu card has DX10 support you can play DX10 games on XP fine which the 8800 does according to Nvidia's site.
It's not gonna magically make older non directx10 cards work in directx10 mode you still have to use directx9.
The card may have dx10 support, but in XP you are restricted to dx9 officially and dx10 games must have dx9 support to run on xp.

hacked dx10 or no, XP will only run dx9 officially and properly its common knowledge dx10 will not work at all or atleast nowhere near how vista would. simple as
Listen, XP is officially restricted to dx9 to 'officially' raise sales of vista (which is a failure as an os, because it doesn't bring anything new, but consumes a ton of resources). It was already proven that dx10 can be run on xp, there is even an official library which allows to run dx10 hardware _demos_ on xp, but no one is going to release whole package to xp because they want you to buy vista/windows7 and drop xp support completely. There is no point in contesting that, it's the truth.
thereare hacked DX10 installers however. if he has the hack installed, he can use Dx10. simple as that
Pages: 1 2 3