..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: My new Comp/Will I be able to run Metal Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm interested in running Metal Gear Solid 2/3 on my new computer which I'm ordering soon. The Question is, will I Be able to run it with the following specs?

The specs are:

Gigabyte P43-DS3L motherboard (Intel P43 Chipset)
Intel Core2Quad Q9400 4x2,66GHz CPU
Kingston HyperX 4GB DDRII-1066 PC8500 DualChannel Ram
Samsung 750 GB Harddisk
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 Graphics Card
PSU: 650W ATX 17dB Super Silent
Dvd Drive: Sony 20x Sata DVD-burner+/- Dual layer

Will I be able to get solid, consistent times in MGS2,3 and possible Final Fantasy X, X-2, Kingdom Hearts 1,2 and Shadow Of The Colossus?

Thank you for your time Smile

Greetings,
Soul.
you're best of with a high dual core, I don't think there's anything that uses 4cores yet
kingdom hearts 1 and 2 will work for sure (almost fullspeed) Smile
If you overclock it to 3.0-3.2 or higher then you will get good speeds. I've only tried FFX, FFX-2, KH, KH2 and SotC on that list and I can say that with only 2.66 you will not see full speed on any of them. KH maybe. At 3.2, you will get 60+ FPS on all those but SotC. SotC requires a much faster computer, not to mention more updates to the emulator. I can get a constant 60 fps, but it jumps around from 50-70 where it should technically be 60, creating an unpolished and choppy experience. So, grab a decent fan+heatsink combo and overclock it to 3.2 and you should be good to go. The Xigmatek in my sig was $30 with a $10 mail in rebate at Newegg and allowed me to overclock my Q6600 from 2.4GHz to 3.4GHz stably.
Kingdom hearts gets nearly full speed on dual 2.2ghz, so 2.66 should get full speed
Thanks for responding guys, are there any plans of supporting Quad-core CPU's in the near future?
But FFXII, for example, requires somehwere around 3,5-4GHz for the full speed Smile
MGS3 requires tons of processor speed as well.
(03-20-2009, 02:52 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]But FFXII, for example, requires somehwere around 3,5-4GHz for the full speed Smile

hardly, I have 40 on a 2.2
(03-20-2009, 03:18 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2009, 02:52 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]But FFXII, for example, requires somehwere around 3,5-4GHz for the full speed Smile

hardly, I have 40 on a 2.2

I was talking about constant full speed, not when you're looking at the wall LaughDD I have mine overclocked to 3.29 now, and hardly can get constant 60 fps...
so am I talking constant. I'm usually in the 30-40 range.
Pages: 1 2