..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Major GSdx progress and monthly progress reports!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Should be for the work done in June, but it's in the works(since forever) and contains both June and July stuff.

The reason it's late is mostly me - I've been busy and/or sick the majority of this month.
I see. Thank you for the information.

(07-21-2015, 10:00 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]It was April i believe. We never said they would be monthly, nor does the header say monthly, it just says a progress report and a month, nothing says about it being monthly Wink

I meant the first monthly report that hasn't been available yet. Smile
I see Tongue2 May we didn't have, but that was sorta combined in to the april one.
Just to make it clear, the reports will be available on monthly basis starting from our first progress report (which will surely be available within july 25th). you can have my word on that Wink

also, here's the planned pattern :

June progress report => July 25
July Progress report => around the end of August.
August Progress report => around the end of September
and it will follow the same pattern....

until then, please don't say anything discouraging to the members who are working on the report. Thanks Smile
I wouldn't give people your word like that.

Stuff happens and they will be very quick to point right back here if you miss the deadline by a single second.

The reason is was late this time is I've had a very weird month. It's not impossible that that won't happen again, or that you won't be busy some month, or someone else. Life happens, and Life > Progress Report. For me it is. Should be for you too Tongue2 This project is not a job, after all, so people will naturally have things higher on their personal totem pole. We don't have a backup team to do stuff, so if one member goes down, that shifts a lot of work around. Maybe too much.

As long as WE are satisfied we did our best then that's all that matters. Let people heckle us. They always have, and prolly always will. Ignore it, and make their breath wasted.
ssakash, please stop talking like you're running this show, you're not. Please don't say anything in public without making sure everybody is happy with that decision, you never ran any of that past anybody else. We are trying to do frequent reports, not monthly ones and deadlines are the worst thing, as Blyss said, if you miss it, users go ape ***** like you owe them something and then we have to deal with that.
Sorry, didn't really mean it that way. I'll just get back to my work.
(07-21-2015, 10:00 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]It was April i believe. We never said they would be monthly, nor does the header say monthly, it just says a progress report and a month, nothing says about it being monthly Wink
We really appreciate all the hard work and effort done to the emulator, but - don't get me wrong - if you look at the header it does say (monthly progress reports).
Also when someone compare this emulator with Dolphin emulator it doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't like PCSX2, he may just want PCSX2 to be better than Dolphin.
Again We all appreciate all the hard work, and thanks for this great emulator
Keep up the good work Smile
(07-22-2015, 08:44 PM)Lion4 Wrote: [ -> ]We really appreciate all the hard work and effort done to the emulator, but - don't get me wrong - if you look at the header it does say (monthly progress reports).
Also when someone compare this emulator with Dolphin emulator it doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't like PCSX2, he may just want PCSX2 to be better than Dolphin.
Again We all appreciate all the hard work, and thanks for this great emulator
Keep up the good work Smile

It does say that, I was the one who wrote that. Refraction was quoting himself.

We do intend for them to be "Monthly" but that doesn't mean "first of the month," nor does it mean months might not get skipped in cases like there being nothing new to write on, or everyone being too busy etc.

BTW, this month's is done now, pending review. Bositman is on vacation right now, but it should be up within a few days.

Also, the reason we get upset when people compare us to Dolphin is it's nearly constant:

You should do it this way because Dolphin does
Dolphin has this feature and PCSX2 doesn't
Dolphin is making more progress than PCSX2
Blah blah blah

It's pointless because PCSX2 is not Dolphin! Surely the Dolphin guys do a good job, and some of their ideas are worth considering. That isn't the point. It's not that. It's that people are always comparing PCSX2 and Dolphin in such a way that subtly says "Dolphin is better" and you can imagine why that would get on our nerves after a while.
(07-22-2015, 08:44 PM)Lion4 Wrote: [ -> ]Also when someone compare this emulator with Dolphin emulator it doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't like PCSX2, he may just want PCSX2 to be better than Dolphin.

It's still pointless, though. Why does anyone want that? They are different projects emulating different consoles. No project has to be better than another.

Also, his comment is rude and uncalled for. The PCSX2 team made this emulator so he can enjoy playing PS2 games on his PC. Still, he never made any contributions, but decided to create an account just to criticize the team.

(07-22-2015, 09:01 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]We do intend for them to be "Monthly" but that doesn't mean "first of the month," nor does it mean months might not get skipped in cases like there being nothing new to write on, or everyone being too busy etc.

Maybe you should make it clear in the first monthly report. It's just a suggestion.

(07-22-2015, 09:01 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]It's that people are always comparing PCSX2 and Dolphin in such a way that subtly says "Dolphin is better" and you can imagine why that would get on our nerves after a while.

Just a few and the same people. Most people don't do that pointless comparison.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11