..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: The Sims 2 : Castaway (r4952)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I'm new in these forums and in PCSX2.
I'm making this because the ISO from the Sims 2 : Castaway seems to have a problem and doesn't show text and some images. (e.g being near to a coconut palm show you 2 blank options) I know the solution (just because I read it) and it's pressing F9 , wich actually fix the problem but drop me from 60 fps to 20-25.
A guy give a solution 4 years ago about this , the fix was configurating GSDx and select DirectX10 and set ''sw rendering threats to 3''. This fix is very outdated , so I can't fix this problem.
So I'm wondering if someone can bring me a newer solution to this , and I really want to play this!
Thanks
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
That's an extremely old version of PCSX2, please get a newer one from the website.
(06-24-2015, 10:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Oh , of course , sorry.
1) I'm trying to play Sims 2 : Castaway as an .iso
2) Yes , they are: Extra rendering threats , Anisotropic Filtering , Allow 8-bit Textures , Texture Filtering , FX Shader and custom resolution.
3) PCSX2 1.2.1
4)
CPU : AMD Athlon X2 240 2,8 Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD Series 7950 Boost Edition
RAM: 6 GB
Yes , I know I have hugue bottlekneck and it's a very bad PC , but I'm saving to buy a new one.
hm.
not much you can do with that cpu. Software mode is the only way to fix it. but setting rendering threads to 3 will have little to no effect on gameplay with this cpu you're using.
Keep playing on your PS2 for now
(06-24-2015, 11:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]hm.
not much you can do with that cpu. Software mode is the only way to fix it. but setting rendering threads to 3 will have little to no effect on gameplay with this cpu you're using.
Keep playing on your PS2 for now

Really? Wow , sad. But if I put the game on windows mode and lower the resolution?
I'm wondering why does this happen?
Thanks
Emulation is extremly cpu-hungry. And your cpu is more on the weaker side considering raw power. Using window mode or reduced resolution shouldn't do anything.