..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Swiftshader vs GLDirect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which one would produce better fps gdsx through SwiftShader or ZeroGS though GLDirect also does anybody know of any other software renders for DirectX or OpenGL?

SwiftShader latest build I could find.

SciTech GLDirect 5.02
http://majorgeeks.com/GLDirect_d381.html
Dare I ask why you can't run gsdx/ZeroGS natively?

Any software renderer/wrapper is going to kill performance when compared to hardware.
I don't have any pixel shader's for my card.
I'm not asking for a major increase in fps, I'd be happy with anywhere between 1-10 all I use pcsx2 for is hacking game codes, i'm not bothered that games aren't classed as playable because the fps is too slow and before you say you have a crap pc and gpu to match I don't have the money to splash out on new hardware so I have make do with what i've got and try to make the best of it.
You can get the necessary hardware for under $20 new, cheaper 2nd or 3rd hand.
Check out a pc repair/build shop if you're desperately broke and see what they have.

As for your question. Who the hell knows?

You're in the ~1% minority of people who Know what an Emulator is (People that don't are generally the crowd who are using pc's from the late 90s to early 00s), Wants to Use it and yet Doesn't have a card with Hardware Capable Pixel Shaders >= 2.0 (Which has been around since 01-02 I believe).

So.. I suggest you follow my former advice or try it out yourself and see which works best.
Because frankly, this isn't the type of forum to be asking this sort of question.
Other than stated by Trigun there is also another answer: why don't you just go ahead and try?